Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

*NEWSFLASH* gig re-located

Posted by mog-y 
*NEWSFLASH* gig re-located
February 23, 2006 03:17AM

Dangerfield Promotions/Skull Funk Records Presents:

One Self feat.DJ Vadim, Yarah Bravo, Blu Rum 13 with special guest DJ Flip has been RELAUNCHED!! to include over 8 new acts including Tu-Ki, Davey Splyce + much more!

Friday MARCH 17th (Patrick’s Night)

New Venue: THE VAULTS @ IFSC (under connolly station)

Doors: 9PM til’ Late

Tickets: 13 EURO, available from All City, Freebird.

Dangerfield Promotions/Skull Funk Records haven’t got the words to describe how massive a Hip-Hop Show they’re putting on in the Vaults on Paddy’s Day, so here’s the full lineup, see for yourselves…………….

One Self feat. DJ Vadim, Yarah Bravo, Blu Rum 13 (Ninjatune)

DJ Flip (world ITF scratch champion 2004, new album launch – “Street Heat”)

DJ Tu-Ki (3 times Irish DMC champion)

Davey Splyce (all city records)

Skuzziport Soundsystem (live hip-hop/electro)

White Noise + Hemlock (beatboxin’ it)

Apollo Creed (live “tight-ass funk” band)

DJ Mog – Y (releasing gremlins into the system)

+ featuring a host of Break-Dancers and a Graffiti Art Exhibition, it really is going to be massive.

ONE SELF is................

DJ Vadim Decks, Mpc & Efx
Yarah Bravo MC , Poet, Fader Board
Blu Rum 13 MC, Freestyle

Biography:

One Self has arrived on the scene!! The Hiphop supergroup that everyone is talking about. The name might be new, but these guys are veterans. Born from rocking stages world-wide as the touring unit The Russian Percussion, hitting more than 600 shows world wide in the last six years. They are five of the funkiest , most innovative and soulful performers on the scene today. And they are brining us the collaboration that we have all been waiting for.

Consisting of DJ Vadim the founder of well respected record label Jazz Fudge, A&R, producer, DJ, promoter, record collector, radio presenter, writer, it's not much this man has not done to support the hiphop movement. He found the best vocal collaborators in Yarah and Blurum. 2 of the illest MC's on the scene today and with a passion for the culture and music, only to be matched by their skills. Yarah Bravo has a throat dripping with diamonds and a smile that would make a preacher switch religions yet this homegirl rips the microphone apart and kills MCs and stereos. Her versatile style, tonal movements, and meter shifts complement an aphrodisiac voice that was born to be broadcast.

Blurum 13 possesses a commanding baritone that destroys the sound barrier and constructs its own temple of boom. Over ten years on the mic and stage, He is disarmingly honest, creative and one of the nicest on these mic devices. The definition of an MC. Their debut album Children of Possibility has received nothing but amazing reviews.

With media interest from all over the globe at an all time high, and the support from the likes of BBC, Radio 1, XFM, COLEUR 3, Radio Nova, RTL3 , Radio Fritz, MTV and tipped for the top from Rainer Truby, Seiji (bugs in the attic), Andy Smith (portishead), Dj Excalibah (1xtra), Mr Thing (x scratch perverts) and Laurent Garnier.... With an underground following that stretches far beyond the average hiphop crew. This is music with a heart... and they put on a show not to be missed!!!

"In the words of Eric B and Rakim "It ain't no joke". Super individualistic piece of futuristic psychedelic hiphop soul" - DJ

"One Self go on the box when you want to hear some of the most inventive shit of our time." TRACE

"If the music industry was true and just, and not the poisoned and corrupt industry bound to the brainwashed tastes of the mindless majority then this could possibly be Ninja Tunes first number one hit record" - Soul Generation

"The beat echoes so loudly that the vibrations cause your brain to rupture, creating a soggy mess that starts to pour through your ears. and you can't help but get excited." - Subba Cultcha

"A new 'super-group'! - Indie London

"Buy it, live it, love it and compare everything else against it for years to come. Vadim's promise of genius has finally arrived." - Soul Generation

ONE LOVE, ONE LIFE....ONE SELF

For more info check out: www.one-self.net

ABOUT DJ FLIP........

To most, it would seem DJ FLIP has come out of nowhere when he upset the odds to win the ITF World Scratching Championship last December.Flip's DJing is noted for specializing in a quirky and dancefloor-friendly mix of hip hop with the odd dash of razor sharp scratching.

From Dublin, Ireland, FLIP had already raised eyebrows the previous month when winning the ITF Eastern Hemisphere Scratching Championship in Prague. This recognition of his exceptional talent for scratching and making music was the result of years of practice and development in his bedroom and beyond.

The newest and youngest arrival in the elite of the world's top hiphop DJ/producers ; Flip first came to prominence in Ireland as the DJ in Ireland's leading hiphop band Messiah J & the Expert aka Creative Controle. This led to him raising the roof opening up for acts such as Kanye West,Public Enemy, XZibit, Gang*Starr, Wyclef and Wu Tang,. His trademark enthusiasm and energetic personality led to him making contact during the late '90s with underground hiphop heroes of his such as Foreign Legion and Atmosphere. This May sees the release of his debut single 'Stop Fantasizin' an instant floorfiller written and produced by Flip and featuring Foreign Legion's Marc Stretch on vocals. With remixes from DJ Design and Georges Sulmers; it's spine-tinglingly good piano line setting it apart as a track to make waves in hiphop circles and beyond.

The world's best freestyle rapper MC Supernatural knows a rising star when he sees one. In January of this year, Flip was drafted in at 40 minutes notice to fill in for the absent DJ Noize and to DJ for Supernatural's notoriously spontaneous show. At the drop of the hat; he strolled into what would be considered a demanding task with even a week's notice without flinching and so impressed was Supernatural has asked him to DJ with him on future shows in Europe and the US as well as contributing to his next album.

A perfectionist at heart, Flip is still spending up to 6 hours per day in his home studio focusing particularly on developing his production skills. Flip's next single will feature his good pals Slug from Atmosphere and Prozack Turner on vocals and he has recently been asked to contribute a track towards Canadian's folky triphop producer Buck 65's next album. Furthermore, late 2005 will see the release of a joint mix CD with Hong Kong DMC champ DJ Beware of Truesicians. With a professionalism and work ethic like this; more international doors will open for Flip in the coming months and years.

Flip has now also set up his own record label with good friend and fellow producer Freezemaster Slick called "LuckyCharm Records".

www.myspace.com/theflipster
Re: *NEWSFLASH* gig re-located
February 23, 2006 10:17AM

Current mood:
so are u going to be using 1/2 rooms and is there going to be other stuff happening there
February 23, 2006 02:26PM

Current mood:
the shady show wrote i want to go to the jape gig in crawdaddy i think thats an 8 oclock start so i should still be able to make this cause it proabably wont kick off till around 12.

now they change it to earlier.
somebody please give me rough start times for each act
February 23, 2006 02:43PM

We will be using the whole of the vaults with lots of everything going on. A mini festival of sort. We will have live funk/hip-hop/electro bands(Skuzziport Soundsystem, Apollo Creed), the named dj's above (one self, dj vadim, flip('street heat' album launch), tu-ki, splyce, Mog-y (hip-hop breaks/d n'b set), White noise + hemlock beatboxin', a graffitti art exhibition, breaker crews will also be attending and there's much more to be confirmed.

Doors are at 9 sharp so arrive early for lots of free stuff!
February 23, 2006 02:45PM

How bout letting me do a bit mog vads my cousin.Would love to perform that night

LARRY DAVID FOR PRESIDENT

Rhymes VitalMyspace
Rhymes VitalSoundclick
Southern Diskumfort
February 23, 2006 03:36PM

Current mood:
sounds like a savage night alright too bad i'll be in amsterdam
February 23, 2006 04:25PM

/\/\/\/\/\too bad for amsterdam lol
February 23, 2006 04:32PM

Current mood:
hahahahha sorry i just like to say it whenever i can
February 23, 2006 04:35PM

I'm going to the toilet
February 23, 2006 04:41PM

Current mood:
get us something will ya
February 23, 2006 04:42PM

We will be giving away tickets for the 3 weeks running up to it so stay tooned!

Easy Now, The Mogster!
February 23, 2006 04:58PM

would you be interested in a Havana cigar carnage?
February 23, 2006 10:56PM

^i remember ye tellin me vad's your cousin, that's mad, he's big for me cos he found and launched killa kela, encouraged him and brought him on the russian percussion tour, helped put modern beatboxing out there...

i shall be giving him a firm handshake.
February 23, 2006 10:56PM

SPOT PRIZES: NO SHIT I'VE SEEN THIS AND IT CONTAINS AN I-POD
DRINKS PROMOTIONS: JAG(E)R, STELLA ARTOIS, VODKA...
ENTERTAINMENT: STRIPPERS, ONLY 6 BUT IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!
FUTURE FAME: IT'S ALSO A 'WARP' AFTER SHOW PARTY SO BRING THOSES DEMOS!!!

...sound...
February 24, 2006 04:39PM

WARP AFTER SHOW PARTY????? DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT FELLAS!

It's a Dangerfield Promotions/Skull Funk Records Party(We are hopefully launching the label mid-summer),
C'mon get it right.......You aint seen nothin yet... we're gona blow shit up...The revolution is here...

And as always everyone is welcome to bring demo's for future gigs...
February 24, 2006 04:42PM

^
happy birthday mog-y
February 24, 2006 04:43PM

Current mood:
Sideline Inc. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> would you be interested in a Havana cigar carnage?

no..a big fat spliff
February 24, 2006 05:24PM

Cheers, the big 23..ouch! That's my boi BIG BREN, you comin up to mine on saturday for a phat party?

Commissioner Gordon, Skuzziport soundsystem and yours truly Monsieur Moggywogs will be tearin up the system...booyah!
February 28, 2006 05:02PM

Sounds like a pretty phat gig but its the same night as the Breakestra as well where I think were probably going to be breakin at.
Decisions...decisions
Outa interest who's down for breaking at this gig?

"sO mAnY StyLEs"

SK
Zombies Crú

Zombiescru@gmail.com
February 28, 2006 11:05PM

I definately would be but i'm workin that day Sad
March 01, 2006 05:07PM

Current mood:
suppose those cleveland steamers can't be done without ya
March 01, 2006 06:46PM

mog-y Wrote:
> you comin up to mine on saturday for a phat
> party?
>
>

i was planning on it but myself and doyle burnt ourselves out with drinking all day ....
March 01, 2006 07:56PM

can you let me know if the old tickets are still alright for this i have mine but they have rira on them ????? thanks cant wait for this
March 02, 2006 01:56AM

yes the old tickets are perfectly fine...just to let you know.

Cheers,m
March 13, 2006 03:41PM

Whoop Whoop Whoop! Nearly there......nearly
March 16, 2006 06:17PM

To let everyone know below is the final line-up for the paddy's day mini fest and tickets will be available on the door as only half of them were on sale for the event. Things are shaping up very nicely and we hope everyone can make it down!

Easy Now, The Mogster!

One Self feat. DJ Vadim, Yarah Bravo, Blu Rum 13 (Ninjatune)

DJ Flip (world ITF scratch champion 2004, new album launch – “Street Heat”)

DJ Tu-Ki (3 times Irish DMC champion)

Davey Splyce (all city records)

Skuzziport Soundsystem (live hip-hop/electro)

White Noise + Hemlock (beatboxin’ it)

Apollo Creed (live “tight-ass funk” band)

DJ Mog – Y (releasing gremlins into the system)

+ featuring a host of Break-Dancers and a Graffiti Art Exhibition, it really is going to be massive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2006 06:18PM by mog-y.
March 17, 2006 01:24PM

i know ur man who organised this apperantly

March 17, 2006 09:34PM

have a good one. I'm sitting at work till seven in the pissing morning missing tonnes of deadly shit.
March 17, 2006 11:53PM

Current mood:
ButcherBoy2005 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i know ur man who organised this apperantly

mog y organised this i do believe
March 18, 2006 02:10PM

butcherboy, i bet ye know murrray, he's a ballinteer head, organised it with marcus/mog-y
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 6 on September 17, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 252 on August 17, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!