Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

dj ian wright plays limerick (funk soul legend)

Posted by ~~FUNKSHUN~~ 
dj ian wright plays limerick (funk soul legend)
January 10, 2009 05:10PM

Funkshun is back after a brief rest and are delighted to welcome its first of a number of guests,Dj Ian Wright.This will be Ians first appearence in ireland and you will be able to catch him in bakers place on the 20th of february.

Alongside heavyweight collectors Keb Darge and Snowboy, Ian is one of the founders of the UK deepfunk/rare funk scene, he started collecting way back in the late 80's and by the early 90's he already had a collection that was stealing the show at local club nights in Colchester. In 1995 he was part of the collective that put together the club night Deep Funk in London. Since then he has gone on to do become one of the most respected and influential dj's and collectors on the funk scene. He has also tried his hand at some impressive remix work for 2 of Kebs Lps on BBE, as well as releasing his own compilations "Sister funk 1 & 2 on the Jazzman label containing a selection ofsome of the finest female soul and funk scorchers in his collection.

Ian is quoted as saying - "I believe in no bullshit, all killers/no fillers, so if u can't dance to it i won't be playing it, i DJ because i enjoy seeing people getting down to stuff they've probably never heard before, in other words the music ALWAYS comes first "

if you want to hear probably the best records the world has to offer then make sure you make it to Bakerplace on Friday the 20th of Febraury

A2df

Where :UNDERGROUND @ Baker Place Limerick
When : 20th february 2009
Tax: 10Euros

[www.myspace.com]
[www.myspace.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 06:39PM by ~~FUNKSHUN~~.
Re: dj ian wright plays limerick (funk soul legend)
January 10, 2009 05:21PM

January 10, 2009 08:45PM

Tew Pack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.123football.com]
> n-wright3.jpg

1:10 Footballer Ian wrights coolest namecheck ( there is another remix of this where they changed that to Rodney Wallace)

But seriously great gig A2df great gig- looking forward to it -a nice coup. Although it is on the same night as the Irish Blog awards Sad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 09:00PM by cheebah.
February 01, 2009 05:41PM

[soulkombinat.org]

mixes avialable for download
February 19, 2009 01:21PM

February 19, 2009 07:58PM

ian wright wright wright!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 3 on July 17, 2015
Record Number of Guests: 148 on August 01, 2016
Donate towards my web hosting bill!