Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ChoiceCuts Presents The Beatdown @ Pygmalion This Thurs(RZA AFTERPARTY)

Posted by ChoiceCuts 101 
ChoiceCuts Presents The Beatdown @ Pygmalion This Thurs(RZA AFTERPARTY)
October 05, 2009 07:35AM

The Beatdown is a new music night hosted by ChoiceCuts on the first Thursday of every month in the cool surroundings of Pygmalion, Sth William St. The venue has been given a complete revamp from its Ba Mizu days and now boasts a top of the range sound system along with a stylish new interior.

Launching on Thursday October 8th, ChoiceCuts DJs Scope & Handsome Paddy will spin the freshest cuts of Soul, Funk, Hip-Hop, Disco and Reggae from 10pm until 2.30am. Special guest for the launch night is DJ, collector & producer extraordinaire T-Woc of The Alphabet Set, who's super-dope podcast he did for us can be heard here: [www.choicecuts.ie].

The night will also double as an afterparty for the RZA show in the Button Factory earlier in the evening.

As we are all keen to keep things recession/dole friendly admission will be FREE and pitchers of beer will be on offer for 10e as well as other drink promos.

Music:

Hudson Mohawke, Flying Lotus, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Joker, Onra, Madlib, Breakestra, Gaslamp Killer, Fulgeance, Dudley Perkins, J Dilla, Glitch Mob, Quantic, Mochipet, Lee Fields, Harmonic 313, Tipper, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, The Soul Investigators, Mayer Hawthorne etc. ..

Expect Scope & Paddy to be weaving in and out of all genres, keeping things fresh and innovative

Handsome Paddy's Chart:

1. Souleance - "Le Monde EP" (First Word Records) 2. Freeland - "Do You (Joker Remix)" (Marine Parade) 3. Mark Pritchard ft Om Mas Keith - "Wind It Up" (Hyperdub) 4. Mochipet - "Godzilla New Year" (Daly City Records) 5. Rustie - "Bad Science EP" (Wireblock Recods) 6. Red - "I Should Tell Ya Mama On You" (Stones Throw) 7. Stones Throw X Serato LP Tracks 8. Gaslamp Killer - "My Troubled Mind EP" (Private Press) 9. Kazahaya "Remember Hip-Hop EP" (Breakin' Bread) 10.Laura Vane & The Vipertones - "Roof Off" (Unique Records)

www.choicecuts.ie www.pygmalion.ie
Re: ChoiceCuts Presents The Beatdown @ Pygmalion This Thurs(RZA AFTERPARTY)
October 05, 2009 02:42PM

ah well

October 06, 2009 03:41AM

Current mood:
Hope this is on again when the Rza reschedules.

October 06, 2009 04:47PM

we don't know what date the rza is gonna be yet but the club is still going ahead
October 09, 2009 02:53PM

Current mood:
good to hear this,hope it stays running will be there next month fo sho'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!