Posted by larry 
FINGATHING gig
September 09, 2005 04:11PM

NINJA TUNE supremos FINGATHING play Crawdaddy
Friday 23rd of SEPTEMBER, 11.30pm, EU:16.00

with support from Dublins own 'SATYRIX'

Re: FINGATHING gig
September 09, 2005 04:30PM

sweet i have been listen to your mp3s for a while love the hash song and berties
September 09, 2005 07:44PM

satrix are class
September 11, 2005 03:19PM

i thought fingathing were with grand central
September 12, 2005 10:52PM

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

they are on grand central

September 13, 2005 11:34AM

September 13, 2005 04:26PM

is it pay at the door or can tickets be bought
September 13, 2005 04:33PM

all details below sir...

wide o presents

FINGATHING (full live show with visuals)

(Grand Central Records, Manchester)

+

Satyrix

+

DJ Will Dempsey

CrawDaddy, Harcourt St, Dublin 2

Friday 23rd September. 11:30pm till late

Tickets €16 from sound cellar, road, city discs, Ticketmaster and usual outlets. Ph: 0818 719 300. www.ticketmaster.ie

Fingathing – Time Capsule

GCCD144

Released: September 19th

It’s fair to say that Peter Parker and Sneaky’s first five years in existence as beat ‘n’ bass duo, Fingathing, has been a helluva journey. Well actually, more of an interstellar escapade comprising car chases, faked deaths, giant robots, fist-headed aliens, mechanical ants, interplanetary bands and planets formed from clockwork babies’ heads.

So the Fingathing fiction goes anyway. The fact is, super scratcher DJ Parker and the classically trained Sneaky began as members of the Rae & Christian live band, and with increasing jamming between songs it wasn’t long before they became a recognised act in their own right. Grand Central promptly took them on board and ever since, their unique partnership and combination of decks and electric double bass has strayed as far off the beaten track as superhumanly possible. Combining dirty upright basslines with turntabalist trickery, explosive beats and beefed-up electrofunk, the wizardry of Fingathing’s music has always been conjured up with comic-strip style adventures in mind before being brought to life by the trademark animation courtesy of third member, Chris Drury.

The combination of three mad northerners, hellbent on teaching the world about their imaginary superhero crusades, has always sat well with the public. Undoubtedly one of the best live acts touring today, every scratch, bassline and animated comic strip adventure electrifies the bejeezus out of baying crowds and anyone who’s seen them in full flow, will know that the Fingafan has become a phenomenon in its own right. Unparalleled in dedication and devotion, the Finga-following has increased year on year as more people hear about their warped world and get behind the music.

For all the robots, monsters and big bangs that lie behind the music, each track from ‘The Main Event’, ‘Superhero Music’ and ‘Fingathing & The Big Red Nebula Band’ is a concept and a revelation in its own right. Which is why the boys have taken it upon themselves to pick their favourites and tracklist the lot, producing their own “time capsule” of standout moments so far. From the blissed-out flute and sinister bass on ‘Wasting Time’ to Veba’s sumptuous vocals on ‘Slippin’ and the super speedy scratches on ‘Head to Head’, herein lies a snapshot of sonic experimentation gone hideously right.

September 13, 2005 04:52PM

thank you i shall be there
September 13, 2005 05:21PM

i'm afraid you won't.....just been told they are cancelling both irish shows....grrrrrrrrrr
September 13, 2005 05:26PM

ah thats a pitty sounded like a cracker
September 13, 2005 08:20PM

September 14, 2005 09:37AM

ARG!?

arg indeed....

bollox is another one.

anyone got a sturdy 4 ft legth of rope??

September 14, 2005 05:09PM

Current mood:
seriously!!!! fuck that anyway i was well looking forward to this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!