Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hobo Convention with Carried By Waves and DJ Harvey

Posted by Hobo Convention 
Hobo Convention with Carried By Waves and DJ Harvey
July 03, 2012 10:25PM

Photobucket

After a great start in our new home at the Pavilion bar last month, we're back once again with another open Record Fair. As usual, we'll be accompanied by some of the finest DJ and Producer talent the city has to offer..

Playing a full live set with added visuals is Carried By Waves. After being chosen to take part in the Hard Working Class Heroes festival, performing at the Electric Picnic and gaining critical acclaim from Blogs, Magazines and Radio DJ's across the country last year, He's now set to step things up a notch with the release of his debut full length LP. The album will be released as a free download and should be up online in the next week or so.

Also joining us is one of Corks legendary hip hop DJ's, DJ Harvey. His "Duck Down Hip Hop Show" on Radio Friendly back in the late 90's/early 00's was a huge influence on me personally (I'd record his shows so i could play his scratches over and over to try and figure out what he was doing!). He held residencies just about everywhere that mattered and basically influenced anyone who was into Hip Hop in Cork at the time.

Red Flagg and myself will be filling in the gaps, and selling records. We encourage others to bring along their unwanted vinyl too. there are no charges for sellers, all you have to do is show up on the day with your crates and set up shop!

Sunday 15th of July
Pavilion Bar, Carey's Lane
5pm - 11pm
Free!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2012 08:39PM by Hobo Convention.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!