Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IHH at Knockanstockan

Posted by Kris 
IHH at Knockanstockan
July 26, 2012 10:49AM

Few heads at this, check it out if you're about the weekend!

Re: IHH at Knockanstockan
July 26, 2012 12:50PM

Current mood:
does richard beard have any relation to ron?
July 27, 2012 10:27AM

Current mood:
Seriously, you've definitely had a stroke. You haven't typed a grammatically correct sentence in weeks.

July 27, 2012 01:16PM

Current mood:
shots fired.

July 27, 2012 04:38PM

I know a load of people going to this

Stage time for Castlepalooza released today:

[twitter.com]

Anyone heading to this or been before? Whats the story with sneaking gargle into the place?
July 30, 2012 04:05PM

Current mood:
So how was it?
July 31, 2012 02:20AM

Current mood:
@R2deT: I've not been before but I'm going this year. I have heard it is difficult to get booze in but sure where there is a will...

@Carnie: Yeah man I had a great time. this was my 1st Knockanstockan and some were saying it was about twice the size of last year. Over all a nicely put together festival. There was the odd scumbag going through tent, 1 guy this morning found his back bag outside and some one had dropped duece right in there. Fucking rank but these incidents were few and far between afaik. I think some tried to get into the boot of my car but didn't manage.
More than 95% of the people down there were just down for the craic, not starting any trouble at all. I'm still pretty hanging now. Time for bed I think.

July 31, 2012 02:50PM

Current mood:
You can bring in whatever beer you want into Castlepalooza. You could last year anyway.

August 01, 2012 12:20PM

Current mood:
Is it true that there isnt a camping section as such.. like you can camp anywhere and thats why theyre lax about bringing your own booze into the main areas
August 02, 2012 12:33PM

from what I've read you can only buy their beer down there. You can't bring your own beer into the campsite. There is an offo down there thats open at specific times. its still expensive though, like 50euro for 24 cans or 2.50 a can or 4Euro a pint in the arena. You can bring your cans into the arena. The main campsites are kinda located in and around the stages but there is a new "moat" campsite this year that seems to be a bit off site (i imagine it would be easier to seek gargle in there?!)

from their facebuke page: "Bar pricing! Cool pints on draught: Budvar, Erdinger, Guinness - all only €4. Cans in off license: Budvar, Stoya, Kopparberg cider - 24 for €50. Infamous cocktails or shorts with mixer €6, bottle of wine €13. This is reasonable pricing as no drink allowed to be brought into arena or campsites due to our specific license granted."

It would all be fine if you can seek a bottle of spirits in then I don't really mind paying but it's a bit shit otherwise. Either way %)euro for a 3 day camping ticket is pretty good.
August 02, 2012 03:10PM

Current mood:
4 quid for a good pint of beer in festival is a really good price
August 02, 2012 05:15PM

Also read this

for anyone not familair, they have a token system which can get confusing after a few drinks.
2 euro = 1 token
but tokens can be split in half so you get 2 tokens, kind of.

theres the thread with some info: [www.boards.ie]
August 05, 2012 10:32PM

Current mood:
Yeah the token thing was a load of bollix last year

August 06, 2012 06:14PM

Current mood:
I smuggled in a bag of wine and a bag or rum, bought 12 cans an was grand for the whole weekend. Token system was a pain in the hoop for most people though.
Had great craic all the same. And then I came home to find out I won tickets to Van Morrison, Bobby Womack and Tom Jones in Marley park. Whopper.

August 12, 2012 01:12AM

Current mood:
Prince Robot IV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously, you've definitely had a stroke. You
> haven't typed a grammatically correct sentence in
> weeks.

The OCD wasn't acting up at the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 6 on September 17, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 252 on August 17, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!