Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hobo Convention presents.. Costello, G.I. and Moschops

Posted by Hobo Convention 
Hobo Convention presents.. Costello, G.I. and Moschops
April 04, 2013 12:54PM

Couldn't be happier to announce one of the best line-ups we've had yet! Joining us on the 14th will be Costello, G.I. and DJ Moschops!

Irish hip hop seems to have finally reached the levels of quality we had long hoped for. The last couple of years has the seen the bar raised considerably, Costello and G.I. have played quite a part in this. Costello's "Illosophical" album, GI's "Underworld" Their recent collaborative effort "Mary Jane", the GI produced Lethal Dialect albums as well as his instrumental projects have all been among the best Hip Hop albums Ireland has ever produced.
It's not easy to pin down exactly what makes their music as good as it is. They write lyrics about the criminality they have witnessed without glorifying it, there's a message but its never an obvious one, the songs are political without being preachy, emotional without being sappy or overly sentimental, the rhyme structures are complex without feeling forced, and the accents and slang used make this something authentically Irish, a hard thing to achieve through a genre such as hip hop. Above all their songs are honest, and that is something thats missing from so much music these days.
The lads were recently the subject of a documentary titled "Broken Song" which has been highly praised and took home several awards at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival.

Moschops has been doing his thing on the turntables for quite a while now. Not far off 20 years in fact. He was a member of Pioneering Irish hip hop group Urban Intelligence, he has a collaborative project with fellow turntablist Djackulate called Neil Bucannon, he's currently working on songs with Costello and of course puts out his own productions, most recently, a concept album called "Prophecy" which came out early last year on Working Class Records.
He now has a new EP on the way in the next few weeks titled "I Love Space" which will be released on 12" vinyl through Alkalinear Recordings. The EP will feature remixes from Lewis James and Valance Drakes.
Moschops' live shows will often feature samplers, high level turntablism, effects, live beatboxing, and even rapping.

The Pavilion Bar
14th of April,
5pm-11pm
Free
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!