Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

When you watch these DVDs you'll understand why KRUMPING IS ELEVATING BBOYing

Posted by Pure tone 
When you watch these DVDs you'll understand why KRUMPING IS ELEVATING BBOYing
January 01, 2008 12:54PM

[www.hiphopstoreonline.com]

get em and maybe we will stop this arguing abot BBoying and krumping world wide.

Re: When you watch these DVDs you'll understand why KRUMPING IS ELEVATING BBOYing
January 01, 2008 08:42PM

ummmm...Krumping has nothing to do with b-boying....
Re: When you watch these DVDs you'll understand why KRUMPING IS ELEVATING BBOYing
January 01, 2008 10:04PM

mmmmhhh! i beg to differ. research timber go get em! BBOY BECAME TO BASIC AND BORING FOR THE! I GUESSLaughingLaughing

ANYWAY JUST RESEARCH!

January 02, 2008 01:02AM

"BBOY BECAME TO BASIC AND BORING"

ummmm...I suggest you do the research....

basic...boring...you're obviously not watching the right b-boys...

The last year i've been lucky enough to dance with K-Mel, Ken Swift, Alien Ness, Storm, Pepito, Mouse, King Foolish, Born, El Nino, Float & Chino (Incredible Breakers), Forrest GetemGump, Rezky, Y Not, Milky, Physics, Movie One, Reveal, Gassama, Lil Lean & many more...i didn't see anything basic or boring...and none of them have been inspired by krumping

I'm not hatin on krumping, it's its own dance form...but it has nothing to do with b-boyin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2008 01:03AM by Timber.
January 02, 2008 11:01AM

well i think we have both a lot to learn. i suggest we educate each other on this. so what excatly do you call BBoy????
seriously. is it locking, gymnastics, what???

January 02, 2008 11:07AM

here is the thing boss according to ken swift:

Breaking involves powermoves, to acrobatics, to flips, footwork, freezes, toprock. These are all the ingredients that I think are integral to B-Boying. They all have to be there, I don't dislike any one of them. And the more you have, the better you are.
But what I think is that, you know sometimes people be spinning, and some guy's throwing himself in the fucking air on his back or something. And they look at it like...I don't think they wanna see the essence of what's happening. The person's actually hearing a beat, and expressing himself. I think it's saying, these people have this fucking energy, and they're just going crazy.

KRUMPING has all that!!!! so where do we stand.

January 02, 2008 02:54PM

But so do lindyhop, ballet, capoeira, salsa, merenge etc etc

Locking, poppin, rockin (up rock, brooklyn rock, the rock), b-boyin all have different roots, background & historys...some people call all of them together breakdancing...b-boyin is b-boyin

everything in b-boyin is a dance...everything should be with the music...you're top rock, footwork, freezes, power...at its roots the power footwork and freezes came as a finish, now a lot of people focus on ONE aspect but forget the "DANCE"...this is what people refer to when they talk about b-boy vs breakdancer

What seperates different danceforms is music...b-boyin is about funk & breaks....krumping has its own musical history...i'm aware of it but i don't know what to call it. You can't b-boy to krump music...and vise versa...yes yes yes...you can dance to whatever...BUT...in order for the artform to be TRUE or REAL you need the music to be right. The rhythm and flow of both danceforms are completely unrelated & this is why krumping has nothing to do with b-boyin...maybe b-boyin is elevating krumping but krumping is not elevating b-boyin
January 02, 2008 03:16PM

From salsa to hip hop:

[www.youtube.com]
January 02, 2008 05:56PM

strange discussion..haha...

P
BTC
January 02, 2008 06:38PM

Breakdancing wins hands down, the music is better for a start, that krump music is awful- no soul!
January 03, 2008 10:21AM

well considering its origins which is not from a the most soulful place on the planet. i wouldn't expect it to be soulful music. I wonder if you even know soulful music cause break dance is definitely not soulful. but the culture in krumping is more than being competitive it does carry a better soulful existence than krumping. it comes form a real struggle and trying to let out some emotions.

January 03, 2008 02:14PM

"I wonder if you even know soulful music cause break dance is definitely not soulful"

urmmmm...wrong again
January 04, 2008 12:14AM

the king of soul JAMES BROWN, is one of the greats to bboy too!! peace people!
January 04, 2008 10:50AM

watch and learn

[ie.youtube.com]

free of charge
January 04, 2008 11:05AM

timber so you gonna school me on soul >???????

January 04, 2008 11:08AM

timber so you gonna school me on soul >??????? oh funny thing sly krumps too!i can see him on the youtube thingy!

January 04, 2008 12:00PM

Current mood:
this guy on video is talking shit.Timber ur waisting ur timeSmilec u soon
January 04, 2008 02:25PM

SOUL.....If you can't see it here you'll never see it!!!!

Flaco (Ghost Crew, Sweden):

Ata (Ghost Crew, Finland):

B-Girl Movie (Lunaticks, Spain):

January 04, 2008 02:43PM

Dope clips timber-tronik...

Good luck with your move to Spain cuzzin....

EZ

Boppin' Sash
January 04, 2008 03:43PM

Having an argument with the UK's number bboy dj, world reknownwed, mighty zulu king, bad taste cru repping, horsepower djing, belfast city breaking Timber about soul..haha..why? o why?

P
BADTASTECRU
January 04, 2008 04:10PM

this is forum unless someone dies soon they wont be any discussion in irishhiphop on breakdancing . why be silent. why do bboys in ireland act all snobish seriously. no wonder the emcee is the only one beginning to get recognition and publicity at major status and doing it bigger.

anyway in honesty break beats dont count as soul!!!! unless you say James brown funk rhythms were soul!

January 04, 2008 04:27PM

Current mood:
tone stop trying to sound smart. you have the articulation skills of a 4 year old downs syndrome who has just arrived off the boat from china and landed in singapore and this baby is trying to speak english. im sure you catch my drift.

January 04, 2008 05:12PM

yes i do that just show how much you know me kid! I aint being intelligent this a discussion. you on the other hand just came into it to act the fooll . i will let act it out ! go ahead!

January 04, 2008 05:35PM

Current mood:
i must say you dealt with that well. im out.
respect.

January 06, 2008 02:22AM

"why do bboys in ireland act all snobish seriously. no wonder the emcee is the only one beginning to get recognition and publicity at major status and doing it bigger."

ummm...i'm not being funny but people know, love & respect me all over the world...europe to america to asia to australia people listen & practice to my mixtapes. i am not, never have been and never will be snobish...too busy having fun enjoying myself to be snobish...

"anyway in honesty break beats dont count as soul!!!! unless you say James brown funk rhythms were soul!"

Errrr....they didn't call him the Godfather (of soul) cus he looks like Marlon Brando. What did you think he meant by "i got something that makes me wanna move, i got something that makes me wanna groove, i got SOUL, and i'm super bad"? Hardly a ballad by any means...soul is SO MUCH more than a genre

its not the move...it's the GROOVE!!!!!!!!!!
January 06, 2008 02:41AM

AND THEY CALLED IT "THE ROCK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VII Gems presents "The Rock" DVD...its fuckin amazing!!!! (and no...it's not breakdancing!!)
January 07, 2008 11:22AM

i must say timmber you a very interesting dude indeed. one of akind in the irish bboy scene.

so what makes you say krump has no soul??????

January 07, 2008 11:23AM

oooh and you defo not snob by the sound of things unlike the sash d and the rhubabas kids wanna start a forum and yet they have it colsed to public opinion.

January 07, 2008 11:52AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 01:14AM by ...
January 07, 2008 12:43PM

Good man the tone and unioo. Uni would you like to post corrections or just mouth off on an internet forum? Classic lazy tactics in the Irish scene. Would be more than happy to get your input and do up an article on it. People need to actually contribute rather than pointing out faults.

Hope you all have a good one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 6 on September 17, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 252 on August 17, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!