Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Serato Scratch!!

Posted by jimmy jax 
Serato Scratch!!
July 25, 2007 01:27AM

i hope this was discussed before but neway dey luk to be mad yokes! they seem to be able to do netin n be the best option for people. they play digital music so download away n all songs ready to go(no crates or record expense) seem to be simple to use.
i love hip hop n its roots n was gona go for technics n vinyl but these seem to be brilliant
ne1 here giv me the full picture on this???any views or opinions???

p.s for anyone not seen em b4 like myself type serato scratch tutorial in youtube
Re: Serato Scratch!!
July 25, 2007 01:36AM

[www.irishhiphop.com]

Gotta admit its great & there is an unknown amount of things to be done with it..

Still collecting vinyl but considering there isn't a record store in a 50 mile radius of me this makes it alot easier for doin gigs and playing music before It can be got on vinyl!!Very Happy

If it comes to doin a good mix or set I feel alot better/safer using vinyl Cool
July 25, 2007 01:36AM

yeah its the business and basically the way forward, not that I want it to be at all but everyone I know is switching to it
July 25, 2007 01:42AM

its handy for when u wanna switch things up and play a few different genres, like things u cant get on wax.
July 25, 2007 01:55AM

its also handy if you are bad at djing and have no skills what so ever and what to makle a quick buck
July 25, 2007 02:21AM

flip all due respect but if ur a shit dj using serato wont make u a good dj, ur just a shit dj with expensive equipment
July 25, 2007 10:05AM

I agree with Flip since i got Serato i bought a mansion on the hill..

... allow Serato to change your life

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 10:05AM by ViP.
July 25, 2007 10:18AM

Current mood:
there's a few other things on the market now. which are supposed to be better then serato.. the 2 main ones are traktor scratch and m-audio's torq. i'd check these 2 out before i go buying serato

check out reviews of them and other stuff about digital mixing programs on [www.skratchworx.com] its a great site for gear news and reviews and doesn't get too technical
July 25, 2007 10:55AM

DjBoscoProphetRecords Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> flip all due respect but if ur a shit dj using
> serato wont make u a good dj, ur just a shit dj
> with expensive equipment

i know it wont make you good,
it just it literally anybody can dj in clubs etc.

i have friend swho have about 30 records bought serato and no have residencies in town!
they cant even beatmix....
July 25, 2007 11:00AM

Current mood:
sure anyone could have done that before sertato or final scratch came along.. just either play off cds or a laptop
Anonymous User
July 25, 2007 11:05AM

Hollywood Carney Wrote:
> DjBoscoProphetRecords Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > flip all due respect but if ur a shit dj using
> > serato wont make u a good dj, ur just a shit dj
> > with expensive equipment
>
> i know it wont make you good,
> it just it literally anybody can dj in clubs etc.
>
> i have friend swho have about 30 records bought
> serato and no have residencies in town!
> they cant even beatmix....

Having Serato hardly got them the residencies in that case. Some DJs who own a million records can't beatmix. I think its a dope piece of software, although I can understand why Vinyl DJs have the hump about it
July 25, 2007 11:37AM

it's good for djs that get caught at gigs with their shitty records from 97 and the need to switch it up a little
July 25, 2007 11:39AM

Ive been considering getting this for a while now, Have always been reluctant to sway from the old vinyl have my 1210's for about four years now and in galway it is absolutely impossible to buy records unless u go to dublin or by off the net so I have even found myself losing inerest in djin and being sick of the same old shit im playin.
Having serato the way I see it will allow ur collection to build and gives you a chance to vary wat kind of tunes ur playin because they r alot more accessible.
But I can see the other side of the argument that sometimes half the thing about a good DJ is his collection well thats the way it used to be and I do feel going digital is kinda cheatin if ya get me.
So cant decide wat to do
Pure nightmare
July 25, 2007 11:42AM

just got serato myself and i dont see why people are still against it. im a collector first and foremost and ill never stop buyin vinyl but serato opens up huge creative possibilities. you can make your own battle records, use audio from films etc. theres alot of cool options on it like the loop feature. plus you can juggle rare tunes without worrying about damaging your vinyl. buy serato, its the future!!
July 25, 2007 11:44AM

How much is it goin for now??
July 25, 2007 11:47AM

its around 850 and well worth every penny!
July 25, 2007 11:55AM

edskillz Wrote:
> it's good for djs that get caught at gigs with
> their shitty records from 97 and the need to
> switch it up a little

another sly dig thanks Miiki D,
im also sure you have everysong i played...which also means you have shitty records?
a classic is a classic,
if you wanna hear nowadays shite turn on mtv base
July 25, 2007 11:56AM

Current mood:
can u record on it.. like say if u have an accapella over a tune can u record that and save it for use while playing out?
July 25, 2007 12:02PM

I presume u could just record it as a wav file in a wave studio then just save it as an mp3 if ya get me carnage
July 25, 2007 12:03PM

Thats true flip the stuff out there now is absolute bull but i for 1 am very sick of playin just the usual tribe, pharcyde, de la soul, etc if ya get me
July 25, 2007 12:05PM

Current mood:
yeah i thought about that too but can u use serato to do it is what i want to know
July 25, 2007 12:44PM

can u record on it.. like say if u have an accapella over a tune can u record that and save it for use while playing out?

theres no recording option on serato. you will have to use an audio editing program like soundforge. once your mix is on mp3, wav, or what ever you can put it in serato and play it.
July 25, 2007 12:48PM

wally Wrote:
> Thats true flip the stuff out there now is
> absolute bull but i for 1 am very sick of playin
> just the usual tribe, pharcyde, de la soul, etc
> if ya get me

i just play shit i like nowadays,
i try to fit in with the crowd musically, (i wont play buck 65 at papoose or likewise)

but i like the challenge of finding record sto play at gigs,
dont get me wrong i will eventually get serato as said abov eit just means you can switch up shit at a gig, its defo a good thing,
i just think people need to pay their dues to djing first before jumping straight into serato and becoming a dj.

primo said if you dont have over 2000 records and carried crates all around the world you havent paid your dues Laughing

this year alone ive paid/payign a lifetime worth of dues!

Filthy Rich will back me up on that one ahha oh jeez
July 25, 2007 12:54PM

DJ mindslip...shemail me mangSmile
July 25, 2007 01:06PM

ha sending/sent
July 25, 2007 02:13PM

FLIP WROTE---------

i just play shit i like nowadays,
i try to fit in with the crowd musically, (i wont play buck 65 at papoose or likewise)

but i like the challenge of finding record sto play at gigs,
dont get me wrong i will eventually get serato as said abov eit just means you can switch up shit at a gig, its defo a good thing,
i just think people need to pay their dues to djing first before jumping straight into serato and becoming a dj.

primo said if you dont have over 2000 records and carried crates all around the world you havent paid your dues

this year alone ive paid/payign a lifetime worth of dues!

Filthy Rich will back me up on that one ahha oh jeez

--------------------------------

Totally agree with ya on that one. I play stuff i like too but really wanna start changing it up cause i dont like where im headed at the mo.
Ya i dont like the idea of people just gettin a laptop and callin themselves a dj not bein able to even beat match. Dont Think ive paid my dues to that extent but think i have slaved enough looking for vinyl to play especcially living in galway.

PS How do u do that qoute thingy??
July 25, 2007 02:17PM

i kinda agree with what primo said u shouldnt start on it but after a while u should kinda graduate to it. i still love vinyl and still buy it just as much as i did before, maybe more but ita just nice to have one less thing to lug about at the weekend.
July 25, 2007 03:49PM

ah sound lads for all the info dint realise it was talked about this much. ye all seem to be fairly handy djs to be honest im a rapper love to write and perform but i wanted a set of decks to use for enjoyment or even for some scrathing in producing a track. i tink the seratos are given a bad welcoming by the djs who r true to the game who have the crates and collections of records, mastered many techniques, and genuinely are shut hot at what they do. i tink some of them mite be afraid that some newbies like myself will flood the scene of gigs and make it harder for them to get work, appreciation, etc i say bollox to dat if ur good ur good fair enuf serato can do some cool tings but it cant select the track for ya or make a crowd go wild. jaysus im gone on a mad rant.
but basically ive no dj experience no money for record collection and want to focus on making hip hop tracks and writing i tink serato wud b a good buy for me altho it is quite exp. fuck it! i tink aswel ill try the new products as mentioned by some1 der, sound for dat.
thanks again
respect to the djs keepin it real aswel!
July 25, 2007 05:46PM

jimmy jax Wrote:
> ah sound lads for all the info dint realise it was
> talked about this much. ye all seem to be fairly
> handy djs to be honest im a rapper love to write
> and perform but i wanted a set of decks to use for
> enjoyment or even for some scrathing in producing
> a track.

innit you can cut up your own acapellas! sounds well weird first time you do it haha hours of fun
July 25, 2007 05:52PM

ya dat sounds mad sounds like a good investment so
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!