Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Kanye West - 'Hip Hop is over for me, I sing not rap on this album'

Kanye West - 'Hip Hop is over for me, I sing not rap on this album'
November 23, 2008 04:56PM

"The reason why I feel I had to give a little introductory speech before you heard the album is because this is not hip-hop music," he says. "Taking a sample, looping it and doing all that 'throw your hands up in the sky' thing has become such a clich?. Hip-hop is over for me. I sing, not rap, on this album. I now want to be grouped among those musicians you see in those old black and white photos - the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles. And I'm not going to get there by doing just another rap album full of samples. I've had to create a whole new musical genre to describe what I'm doing now and I'm calling it 'pop-art' - which is not to be confused with the visual art movement. I realise that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of a generation."

The current number #1 mainstream artist in Hip Hop (Lil Wayne not withstanding) at the height of his career has officially disowned the music genre and is in pursuit of developing a new genre he calls 'pop art'? Did the musicians Kanye reference felt the need to abandon the rock genre in order to 'take it to the next level' or did their contributions help redefine what rock music was? Of course at the end of the day Kanye is free to do what he want so:

SELLOUT OR GENIUS?

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Lmao, Dude ain't even on Timberlakes level nevermind the beatles and them. Dude thinks love lockdown is a new genere of music. Dudes wack I killed his mother. Lmfao. I did that shit. Lol. U guys mad?

Re: Kanye West - 'Hip Hop is over for me, I sing not rap on this album'
November 23, 2008 05:03PM

Current mood:
The album got a 5 star review in the Sunday Times today. Did they hear the same version I did or are they tone deaf?

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
November 23, 2008 06:42PM

no.1 guide to failure? naming your own genre

November 23, 2008 06:44PM

everytime that cunt opens his mouth i hate him that little bit more. he should stick to the famous catchy samples

Go on the pats!!!!!!!!
November 23, 2008 07:45PM

terrible album was a hug fan of kanye until the graduation which was all right this has a few catchy songs but to do a full singin album when u cant sing is messed up. did he forget about t pain? that efect is cool to use in moderation, cher who orignated the sound must be happy anyways.

[www.realizmrecordz.com]

[www.myspace.com] (Realizm Entertainment official)

[www.myspace.com] (Personal)

[Realizment.bebo.com] (The Bebo)
November 23, 2008 08:31PM

he said this in his semtex interview........

"i dont even listen to rap. my appartment is too nice to listen to rap in. i have to be in a way more grimey enviroment to turn any rap music on"

Shocked
November 23, 2008 08:35PM

he`s just a dickhead with notions about himself...
November 23, 2008 09:40PM

Current mood:
Has this sudden thing come from the death of his mam or what? It's a shame. It's a little bit ignorant turning your back on the genre that made him who he is today. Wonder how good he'd be vocally if he ditched the autotone bollox.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigs are for cunts - true story.
November 23, 2008 09:41PM

"I now want to be grouped among those musicians you see in those old black and white photos - the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles. And I'm not going to get there by doing just another rap album full of samples. I've had to create a whole new musical genre to describe what I'm doing now and I'm calling it 'pop-art'"

What a conceited cunt. Hes a shit singer and hes created fuck all new. I think the chap has some great music but his new shit is awful.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
November 23, 2008 09:51PM

Current mood:
It's really a spit in the face to No I.D. aswell.

November 24, 2008 01:09PM

Current mood:
Just gave this album a few more listens and it's actually far, far better than folk give him credit for. Only listened to it with open ears for the first time basically.

There's no limit's to his talent. Honestly not. I don't like the whole "I'm through with samples" thing but I respect him higher now than I did last year. Even if the majority of artist's wanted to stray away from what they're known for, 99% of them wouldn't so fair play to him. I get the impression there isn't a field he doesn't think he could conqeur at the moment, not only a musical level. I see him being retired in a few years and focusing on something like politics or somethin along the lines.

Wouldn't put it past him. Top man.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 24, 2008 01:24PM

this album is madddd deep. listen to the lyrics of pinocchio story. mad deep shit son, great song.seems like he dont want fame anymore

Shakey
Official Shakeymusic Website
My Blog
Shakey's Myspace
Shakey's Bebo
November 24, 2008 01:27PM

Co Co Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he said this in his semtex interview........
>
> "i dont even listen to rap. my appartment is too
> nice to listen to rap in. i have to be in a way
> more grimey enviroment to turn any rap music on"
>
>
> Shocked

ha..its only what gave him the apartment in the first place.
November 24, 2008 02:56PM

I love the album, musically he's as good as ever imo but it's just a pity he's such a fucking dickhead

November 24, 2008 05:18PM

who fucking cares if he doesnt rap, music is fucking music

who cares what the genre, if it sounds good then buy it or listen or do whatever ya want with it

if not then dont!

simple as that

who cares if hes a dickhead either, you dont have to know everyside of a musicians personality if they make good music

so many fucking moany cunts about music its painful

November 24, 2008 06:51PM

^ moaning about music
November 24, 2008 07:02PM

Current mood:
In fairness though, the chaps speaking his mind. I bet half of the Music stars these days are stuck-up pricks, but they cover it up for their 'Image'. kanYe has never been afraid to speak his mind, and in a way that's quite admirable-large">!

November 24, 2008 07:07PM

Lethal Dialect Wrote:
> ^ moaning about music

im moaning about the people who moan about music Wink

November 24, 2008 07:08PM

he`s a pretentious prick....
November 24, 2008 08:05PM

Current mood:
that album is the goat
November 24, 2008 08:09PM

Plz Show Feet Wrote:
> Lethal Dialect Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ^ moaning about music
>
>
> im moaning about the people who moan about music
> Wink

You're music about moaning!Laughing

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
November 27, 2008 12:45AM

Hip hop is dead

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 27, 2008 01:10AM

Current mood:
I <3 Kanye!! yeh he comes across as a conceited mo'fo but f**k it, its the music that matters not his personality!
I love all of Kanyes stuff... old and new! Hiphop is brutal these days (lil wayne etc) it all sounds the same... at least Kanye is trying something different, even if its not everyones cup of tea!!
November 27, 2008 01:34AM

i liked his first album second album was alright after that everything hes done has been horrible imo

Go on the pats!!!!!!!!
November 27, 2008 10:37AM

Current mood:
don't really like the music he's putting out now but whutever. he does his thing. he is not a musical genius but he makes nice pop songs.

November 27, 2008 10:39AM

Current mood:
I don't care that it isn't hip hop. It obviously isn't so I judge it as pop. But on those terms its utter shit. If Prince released this, at least the vocals would sound good, and it would probably get 1/5 stars from everywhere. Most music critics and alot of the public have totally lost perspective on this.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
November 27, 2008 10:48AM

Current mood:
trend jumping. loads of mags missed musical trends in the 90s and got uber fucking scurred to shit because their weakness was shown so now anything a bit different and mainstream is hailed as genius. look at radiohead and prodigy ffs. people rave about them like they are better than butter or some shit. everybody is a faget.

December 01, 2008 10:42AM

Current mood:
i really like the new album, everythings mad simple musically though

December 01, 2008 11:04AM

Current mood:
It's absolute quality...

Still yet to get bored of it. Favourite album out of all of them.

He really has spat on the hand that has fed him for years though which I don't like but the album is sav-aj on a major scale.

December 01, 2008 11:40AM

Kanye is jus a prick n he knows it himself.he'll do or say anything 2 put himself above everyone else.guess he's joined the band wagon of fucks tryna bury hip hop as well.afta all it's done 4 him.ungrateful fuck.well...he can do wateva he wants anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!