Current mood:
Rob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Honestly though, and this doesn't just apply to the two lads, they seem
> a bit deluded to the point that they think there
> is a thriving music biz in this country and that
> there is a hip-hop community big enough to sustain
> album sales.

Miguel says thats why we need all tour it together and make a scene and unite the community !!!!

> I asked them how many cds they had manufactured -
> I think they said 1000. I was a bit shocked
> because I had honestly never seen or heard of them
> apart from this site. I asked had they got
> distribution and they told me they had 10 copies
> for sale on the hotpress website.

see we are multicultural so we have emcee French Polish Russian Romanian Spanish Irish ......
we are not focusing on Ireland , Alex is Irish and someday his album will be put out in Ireland......
Miguel is Spanish and the size of Spain and the scene is huge, so why dont we go there ??? Smile
our cds are there Razz but after a few years in Europe we came back to sunny Kerry and now we are based here and want to really get something going in Irish hip hop/hip hop like we seen over seas.
the 1000 cds is a lot for ireland considering the free give aways on this page and the size of the industry as u say.

we have some cds in shops in France Spain, online been selling to Asia America even 1 to Anarchistic HAHA
in Ireland we managed 300 - 400 so far with bare few downloads all cds hardcopys.
we have distribution deal with roxy records, in many other shop and still working on it !!
the album is only out 2 monthsish with no proper release yet.......

location wise we are the only hip hop group in Kerry and aint complaining.
we had here informatics and mjex play nothing after that ....
more hip hop needs to come and present itself to show what everyone isl about

Rob U wanna come play in Kerry ????

we never leave the drawing board Smile 3 - 4 tracks into our 2nd album now . theres space for u if u want it Smile
Re: litle rant (share lineage)
May 25, 2009 06:02PM

Current mood:
stevie g i see ur on ......

can u unite us all Smile Irish hip hip at the pavilion ?? ? ? ?

9 - 2 Razz bring us all
May 25, 2009 06:08PM

Rolling Eyes

sometimes argueing is pointless, this is one of them cases

May 25, 2009 06:28PM

In fairness you sound like a cool group of people and I think your right to be looking outside of ireland with the multicultural elements you have there. If you can tour and sell around europe, then go for it I say. Your young and from your sales sound like you can do enough to pay your bills. Your 20's don't last forever!

I don't think the whole uniting irish hip hop thing will work. If it was reggae maybe yeah, but I don't think hip hoppers generally get down like that. Me included.

This is what I'm about...I make a single, then an album. If I like an artist and want them to feature I'll ask them. I won't do it for a "scene" or "unity" or any of that shit though...I'll do it cos i like their music, flow or whatever. Likewise i'm not gonna buy any1 I'm not feelin just to help out a "scene". Ok it might be a different story if I knew them and they asked me personally but even then I'd probably only cop it if I liked the singles or got a chance to listen to it first and liked it. Your not gonna get a handout from me or any other fan your tryna win over. You have to work hard, make great music and let the people ultimately decide.

If i did get on and started to make it big I'd be lookin out for me first, and nobody in there right mind in hip hop is gonna tell you different.

Music is what's important. I already have enough friends.

Not tryin to get at you here either I'm just tellin the truth. I might be wrong and everybody here is about unity and friendship and helping each other out but I doubt it. I think if that was the case a lot more artists would have made a bigger impact by now. And if you look at the biggest irish hip hop acts, they generally all just do there own thing, stay in their own lane and make good music.

May 25, 2009 06:35PM

nah youre right you are the competition so i hope you all die slow painful deaths asap etc

this thread smacks of communist ideologies btw, gtfoh commie bastards! Twisted Evil

___________________________________________________________________________________________

May 25, 2009 06:41PM

May 25, 2009 07:44PM

I like the Lineage album very much and while i have only scanned the thread here quickly i can see both the good and bad of your arguments

I have loads of good stuff booked in both June and July and if there was something worth looking at i'm always open but its tricky, the more acts involved the more difficuly but im always up for ideas and am very approachable--if you guys want to come down for our Lexicon daytime show and do a set feel free there will be lots of Djs and rappers and people from Cork there but at the moment it is hard to get people out to shows
Also we have the launch of the Impressionists ep in mid July im actually travelling up and down from my holidays on Kerry for this myself so can prob give ye a lift

As with anything there are always plenty of people who talk the talk but its more difficult to mobilise people and i can understand this too

There is no point in complaining you just have to work hard and keep the faith yourself

Noone has a god given right to suceedd in anything
Im around long enough to remember when there were about 10 people in Cork into hip-hop and where you couldnt even buy the records or cds or get info on the artists
There was only Scary Eire, Ghost and Jay and a handful of others doing their own shit
we have progressed greatly since

as for support there is already a network out there I know myself of loads of different rappers and promoters and djs working with each other

A lot of our best low-key independant gigs in Jam lately have been booked through my friendship with Flip for example; this is how it works and if we can get a few more dates for acts passing though it helps everyone

As for the Irish stuff i love plenty of it and the standard is better than ever but IMO there are plenty who can work harder and go further
I'm a bit dissapointed that one of two of the excellent rappers i've been working with in Cork for the last 4 or 5 years haven't got any properly mastered cds or anything yet, despite the talent that has been there for all to see over that time

its all good rocking a show but.....

Thats why i welcome the releases of all those who do it, it is important to chronicle our music and get it out there

A proper album or well put together single or whatever is gonna ultimately work better in the long run, for those around long enough and with enough capabilities, this should be the aim

Gigs etc will come next but it's a very narrow window of opportunity for hip-hop here

as long as people know that they will enjoy their music

which 99% of a time is only gonna be a hobby, unless people get really lucky

but fuck it, i'm here and in it 100% so if there's anything i can do holla as i have a decent radio show every saturday and a club that is in it for the long haul too
May 25, 2009 08:12PM

lads, i've not bought the album yet and i've only just got ri-ra's but i'd calm down on the eagerness on this site in particular. if people here are goin to buy it, they'll either know about it already or have already bought it.
some boring statistics here, taking into consideration that sales figures are also declinin big time.... around 80% of music bought in ireland is international repertoire (varying by about 5% when u2 have an album out) and 90% of all music bought comes from major labels... so even indie rock bands are strugglign witout a major so its not really fair to complain that a debut album from a relatively unknown hip hop crew based in kerry isn't selling...

like within the scene itself, recently rob kelly, jonnyboy / intox, nucentz / tera had all given their shit away for free so i dunno if its as tempting to pay money for your music if that other stuff is for free..

the goal isn't really for the scene to come through as one and unite blah blah, you just gotta work on yourself and make sure that the slight chance of success goes your way as your odds of getting somewhere are extremely against you..

(i will buy it sometime)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 08:18PM by matt.
May 25, 2009 09:06PM

Miguel Ahumada Wrote:
> Shocked

sorry i forgot the sarcasm tags, my bad! Laughing

___________________________________________________________________________________________

May 26, 2009 01:34AM

Current mood:
Where'd you get RiRa's from? I wanna buy that badly but I think it's only online sales so far.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
May 26, 2009 10:41AM

aye online like from the paypal link on his myspace, think its only being sold there and the one record shop in dublin... shocked as fuck that there's not been that much talk of it here tho.. get yourself a maestro card shapey, its the dogs balls..
May 26, 2009 11:17AM

Man this thread gets worse!

''Miguel says thats why we need all tour it together and make a scene and unite the community !!!!''

An irish hiphop tour is hardly gonna turn things around and bring in the masses.

I dont actually think ive ever seen anything to do with your music off of this site maybe thats part of the problem. Spam people elsewhere and annoy them to listen to your stuff cos the 15 people on this site who might listen will just get pissed off by you constantly asking.

You also dont seem to actually pay attention to anything else posted on this site other than yourself constantly asking people to get your album. You were complaining there are no jams with a veriety of hiphop culture however several were promoted on this site only recently. You talked about an ihh tour, when one was happening on the same weekend. You complain about none of the irish mcs know each other, but i think everyone else in this thread has met everyone else except you.

"online been selling to Asia America even 1 to Anarchistic"
Anarchistic? Is that a real place?

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
May 26, 2009 11:32AM

Current mood:
opppps Antarctica !!!

'' You complain about none of the irish mcs know each other,
but i think everyone else in this thread has met everyone else except you ''

didnt we meet u redzer cullo young dub jee4cee dj elemental at the hip hop doc , then at the american radio show gig met rob kelly rubberbandits, met in tralee informatics and mjex ......

Smile
May 26, 2009 11:35AM

what happened to that documentary?
May 26, 2009 11:36AM

Lineage Wrote:
> opppps Antarctica !!!
>
>
> '' You complain about none of the irish mcs know
> each other,
> but i think everyone else in this thread has met
> everyone else except you ''
>
> didnt we meet u redzer cullo young dub jee4cee dj
> elemental at the hip hop doc , then at the
> american radio show gig met rob kelly
> rubberbandits, met in tralee informatics and mjex
> ......
>
>
> Smile

Then why are you complaining about irish mcs not knowing each other?Rolling Eyes

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
May 26, 2009 11:38AM

Current mood:
its finished now !!!

being handed in as a project and should be out in the next month olaff said ....

prob youtube
May 26, 2009 11:44AM

Current mood:
its not about knowing eachother, informatics and mjex played in kerry, bring down class As cullo young dubs we will play 2 make a night of it and have a few djs play also , thats all we wanna get outa the thread is that the emcees of cork kerry dublin the north limerick galways wherever to hold a stage together , if not many go to gigs to see each individually might pull a bigger following bringing our styles shows together, i know ye all might be doing it in dublin but to get known throughout ireland, would take a tour ..... thats all, if its all happening we reaLly dont know about it , one balls about being down in kerry, we wanna bring some hip hop culture down ...
May 26, 2009 12:14PM

Current mood:
Bruce BringScene Wrote:
> I dont actually think ive ever seen anything to do
> with your music off of this site maybe thats part
> of the problem. Spam people elsewhere and annoy
> them to listen to your stuff cos the 15 people on
> this site who might listen will just get pissed
> off by you constantly asking.

i have to agree with this, i listened to one or two of your tracks and thought they were good - but fuckin hell the amount of times i see you trying to promote the album on here really is a head wrecker.

as someone else pointed out, everyone on here knows you have an album out and would have bought it by now if they were going to. i RARELY pay for cds, and only then it would be from people that ive heard of before - like lads that have been posting individual tracks up here for a while until people get to know them. just arriving on a website and pestering people to buy you cd is not the way to go.

May 26, 2009 01:23PM

May 26, 2009 01:30PM

Current mood:
May 26, 2009 02:23PM

Lineage Wrote:

> we have distribution deal with roxy records, in
> many other shop and still working on it !!
> the album is only out 2 monthsish with no proper
> release yet.......

2 albums per shop in 8 shops on a sale or return basis does not constitute a distribution deal.
May 26, 2009 03:53PM

Current mood:
the fact u can go into any of the 13 roxy records in ireland and buy the album and that we were talking to the head office and aslo asked that we can get Avatar & Ben reel bands cds under tuff paddys in all roxy rec kinda does to me ....

the 3 or 4 any other shop took off us is normal amount for a independent group..
May 26, 2009 09:19PM

Steven Abootman Head Of The WGA Wrote:

>
> 2 albums per shop in 8 shops on a sale or return
> basis does not constitute a distribution deal.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
May 26, 2009 10:28PM

I learnt alot about what people in general think from that little tour, and a lot of other shit about "scenes" in different places. Ill write a book for yas when im rich bitches

ollafs documentary was for college so there was a deadline, hes making a proper one full length one aswell

[www.facebook.com]

Follow Me on Twitter
June 08, 2009 11:00AM

Lineage Wrote:
> Miguel says thats why we need all tour it together
> and make a scene and unite the community !!!!

i havent read dis whole thread, but for de love of christ.....

Bandcamp - Facebook - Youtube - Twitter - Myspace - ilike

Facebook
June 08, 2009 11:04AM

Rob Kelly Wrote:
> I met the two lads from Lineage very briefly once
> in Limerick. They seem like nice lads and they
> gave me a copy of their cd. I didn't get a chance
> to listen to it all yet. Honestly though, and
> this doesn't just apply to the two lads, they seem
> a bit deluded to the point that they think there
> is a thriving music biz in this country and that
> there is a hip-hop community big enough to sustain
> album sales.
>
> I asked them how many cds they had manufactured -
> I think they said 1000. I was a bit shocked
> because I had honestly never seen or heard of them
> apart from this site. I asked had they got
> distribution and they told me they had 10 copies
> for sale on the hotpress website.
>
> Bottom line is this, from a business point of view
> (leaving talent aside for the moment because I am
> not one to judge that) you don't really know what
> you are doing. Investing in an album when you have
> a minute fan base and no real history of putting
> out good music was a bad idea, so don't look to
> blame others when people don't know who you are
> and don't want a free CD.
>
> Music wise - location has really nothing to do
> with success, I'm from Wexford, Ri-Ra is from
> Tullamore or somewhere, Rubberbandits are from
> Limerick (just to use those mentioned in this
> thread)
>
> So here is my response, go back to the drawing
> board, work a bit harder on making good music and
> getting yourselves known a bit better and try
> again.

ooh, glad i noticed dat post.

rob summed it up perfectly there

Facebook
June 08, 2009 11:11AM

Current mood:
i thought i made some valid points too

June 08, 2009 12:51PM

sorry didnt read yer posts

summary?

Facebook
June 08, 2009 01:23PM

Current mood:
we should all tour ireland as strippers and use the money raised to ensure keyo can update the forum software

June 08, 2009 01:37PM

Current mood:
Prince Adam Wrote:

>
> summary?

not today, its fairly cloudy, more Autumny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!