Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DFI4!!!

Posted by Collie 
Re: DFI4!!!
July 18, 2010 10:44AM

Current mood:
Getting all the decisions right is hard as fuck. You just do the best you can. Shouldn't have consulted with the other judges and gone OT instead of Rapper A.

If you look at the better Grind Time rappers some of them have very average records (Nocando, Thesaurus) and ones who are good, but not THAT good have ridiculous records (DirtBagDan). If the battle is good, it's good. The decision isn't important. Plus, you can always say you won and the judges robbed you and there'll be 50 bajillion youtube commenters saying "fuck that Harry Potter looking fagget judge!" which'll get you more views which is the name of the game at the end of the day (no Dubh).

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
July 18, 2010 12:07PM

Current mood:
D'beats Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> for the first 3 dfi events i wouldn't have had a
> bad thing to say about the judging but today it
> was wack... and anyone i spoke to felt the exact
> same about the decisions as i did. i say bring
> back dave and bren because at least they are
> unbiased as fook. i looked across the judging
> panel at one stage and knew who 1 out of 5 was.

Was waiting on this...could hear peeps giving out about our decision after the battle (first one) which was a major wreck the buzz.. us girls are going to get the blame now for wack judging skills Confused! Call it bias, call it whatever ya want, I was asked to give my honest opinion so I did....
At the end of the day, everybody has different taste and opinions- people are always going to disagree- cant please everyone Sad

Besides the drama of the judging- was a great event, fair play to the lads for setting it up and all involved- takes some courage to get up there and battle!!!
July 18, 2010 12:15PM

Current mood:
Girls... judging?

How very progressive of you Redzer.

This is going to do great things for views.

July 18, 2010 12:31PM

Current mood:
Jambo is an absolute beast !
July 18, 2010 12:46PM

Big ups EVERYONE dat came out yesterday, some o de battles were absolutely ridiculous (nugget n bony especially, holy good fuck), good craic had by all, even though red got robbed in de football freestyle face-off, arf. Jambo an lethal fuckin delivered exactly wot we thought/hoped dey would, fuckin fair play lads. This ones for all de leaders...

Bandcamp - Facebook - Youtube - Twitter - Myspace - ilike

Facebook
July 18, 2010 12:54PM

best day ive had in ages,fair play to everyone involved
July 18, 2010 12:57PM

Current mood:
Videos up yet lads?

July 18, 2010 01:12PM

i agree with dbeats there were some poor decisions made but the standard of the battles on the day was brilliant

nugget v bony was brilliant both of them were deadly

Go on the pats!!!!!!!!
July 18, 2010 02:58PM

Best battle we've had to date imo

Facebook
July 18, 2010 03:24PM

Current mood:
I wanted a double OT Laughing it was unreal. All the assassin shit was going over most peoples heads but it was brilliant.

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
July 18, 2010 04:05PM

assassin judging at DFI 5 ftw

[www.youtube.com]

''And you can bring your friend abdullah.....aswel''
July 18, 2010 04:23PM

Big Mo is more den welcome to judge at dfi if he ever goes to one, maybe in a years time wen we go te cork for one he'll be down... Cool

Facebook
July 18, 2010 04:55PM

D'beats Wrote:
> I wanted a double OT Laughing it was unreal. All the
> assassin shit was going over most peoples heads
> but it was brilliant.

Cheers man i had actually left that out and then just threw it in anyway for the fuck of it!
Defo my favourite battle i've done so far i thought we both gave our best performance. Bony was fucking brilliant.
Overall i thought this event was a major success. Everyone upped their game on previous events and jambo and lethal were both top notch! Fair play To red, collie and everyone involved.

On the subject of decisions, close battles are always gonna be up for debate. Opinions differ and the decision on the day is left in the hands of a small group of people who do their best to give the fair result, so obviously some people will disagree.
The decision isn't be all end all. Its about how good the battle is and people can decide when they watch it. Contraversy will boost the views anyway with people arguing on youtube and whatnot.

The bar has been raised by all involved in this.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
July 18, 2010 05:17PM

Nugget Wrote:

>
> The bar has been raised by all involved in this.

i second that,was very impressed by the quality of the battles,was my first time attending,cant wait for the next one
July 18, 2010 05:55PM

Current mood:
Good day alright.. defo going to get down to more of these

also the judges should be strung up for those poor decisions...
July 18, 2010 05:57PM

Current mood:
There was one decision in particular that people seemed to disagree with, but I don't think any of them were actual robberies, it was fairly close. At least wait for the footage to come out so ya can watch it again before giving people a hard time when they're the ones put on the spot
July 18, 2010 06:07PM

Current mood:
The bad decision was Gwame winning? SMH.

Hang your heads judges!

Good to hear the standard is still improving. I think we're beginning to hold our own with the Don't Flop North/London battles. Or getting there anyway. Fucking gutted I wasn't able to be at this. I was looking forward to it for months.

July 18, 2010 06:08PM

yeah its so fucking hard when your on the spot tryna take every thing in (no homo) but people will make up there own minds when they watch the battles anyway.

[www.youtube.com]

''And you can bring your friend abdullah.....aswel''
July 18, 2010 06:42PM

edit shit boys my bad on the spoilers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 06:48PM by P.
July 18, 2010 06:49PM

Current mood:
At least i know who won half the battles now!

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

"Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers"
July 18, 2010 06:53PM

Current mood:
yeah i was about to edit your post but you already took care of it.

July 18, 2010 06:54PM

Just pretend you were there chief..And that you didnt hear the abuse thrown at ye in one of the battles. One of the boys only told me there about not saying shit until the videos are out, thought d'beats was just seriously fuckin bad with names
July 18, 2010 06:56PM

Current mood:
@Monkhouse - One battler was taking shots at you yesterday.. Beef is on !
July 18, 2010 06:58PM

Current mood:
I always think taking shots at people who aren't battle rappers in battles is kind of a fagget move cos they don't have any means of response.

July 18, 2010 07:03PM

Current mood:
Who was it? Do not leave me in suspense, this sort of stuff fuels my ego. Pm me if necessary.

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

July 18, 2010 07:05PM

Current mood:
I know who it was now. The irony of him calling me a faggot. LOL. I wish i was there.

July 18, 2010 07:59PM

Current mood:
just in the door now, jesus christ what a laugh. big up collie & red (and co.).
great day biys, the improvement from the last event (overall like) was insane.
there wasnt one bad battle yesterday.
even the football freestyle was dope as fuck! (anybody see redzer kick the ball into that feens face hahaahhahaha)
lethal dialect and jambo are fuckin top notch additions.
i didnt agree with some of the judging but some people blew it out of proportion, the event was fuckin unreal like.
this is still in the early stages, the biys arent running this and getting paid, its the fans that benefit the most - so enjoy!
nas and damian marley was also the best gig i have ever seen bar none. it was amazing.
there's obviously more shit to be said but i cant remember now cos im hungover & hungry.
July 18, 2010 08:00PM

gud to see d'beats being unbiased wit his whingeRolling Eyes
there was one battle that i thought was a shocking decision and having looked back at the footage im even more shocked by it
funnily enough on d'beats assesment of it it was a fair result.SMH

great event tho and im with nugget on this the results are kinda irrelevant when the battles are such a good standard, gwame really improved, brosy is a funny fucker, jambo and lethal were fucking quality, bony and nash get better wit each battle, steenson has come on(pause) leaps and bounds, the rebel faction lads are quality, nuggets the don and redzer is just shitLaughing
July 18, 2010 08:13PM

Current mood:
Balls wish I was at this. At the rate they're putting the videos up I probably won't see em till October.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 08:14PM by Shapey Fiend.
July 18, 2010 08:18PM

Current mood:
Kanye Wrizt Wrote:
> gud to see d'beats being unbiased wit his
> whingeRolling Eyes

are you suggesting i'm siding with some of the the cork lads because i'm from cork? Cool
tbh as i'm not from cork city (i'm 35 miles away from the city) i have probably met and spoke to the the lads from outside cork more than have to the lads from cork. at the first 2 df events i didn't talk to any of the cork heads apart from garry at the first one. out of the battlers from cork k snatch and brosy are the only 2 i have spoken to beyond introductions and "whats happening?" there after.

i was being as unbiased as i could be. i think the last battle... i was being a small bit biased but i honestly thought ot would have bee fair.

> there was one battle that i thought was a shocking
> decision and having looked back at the footage im
> even more shocked by it
> funnily enough on d'beats assesment of it it was a
> fair result.SMH

fair enough man you have the luxury of being able to do that now, i don't.

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 08:22PM by D'beats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!