November 11, 2010 06:39PM

Current mood:
Best batlle ive seen so far.very close i would of went for ot.Very Happy
Re: DFI 5 - Nash Vs Jambo
November 11, 2010 06:41PM

November 11, 2010 06:57PM

Current mood:
Jambos "and having Dublin tattooed on your dick is the only way any man from cork can fuck with this city" took the whole battle for me !!
November 11, 2010 07:11PM

Current mood:
Too even to call really. Great battle.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
November 11, 2010 07:39PM

Current mood:
OT was fair. The first round seemed really intense and all that aggression and intensity makes the battle much better.
I liked how Nash took the piss out of Jambo acting all aggro, and the ridiculing really worked. His structure was more consistent than Jambo's too.
Jambo played to the crowd more, and not just on bias or whatever, but the fact that he kinda interacted with them and seemed more comfortable. And since I've seen so many battles, a lot of his punchlines I had heard before. "Fuckin with this city" has been done a good few times, and so has "inbred/in bread"... I think Redzer even had a similar line against Nash.

So then in OT, Nash had some good punchlines. The best was probably "you're like a small crab cos you're all that". Some of the others were a bit hit and miss though. As much as I enjoy wordplay, it works better when it's personally relevant.
Jambo barely took the OT based on consistency (I hate that word now but ya get the idea).

One of DFI's best battles so far. Neck and neck, and good change from the usual comic style.
November 11, 2010 07:57PM

Current mood:
Good stuff
November 11, 2010 08:11PM

Gwame Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of DFI's best battles so far.

^^ this, but i still think jambo took all 3! would've liked to see an OT anyway but should've been promo imo. 1 or 2 more battles and jambo'll be top tier, nobody's fucking with that presence - if it was in cork he still would've dominated the room!

November 11, 2010 08:18PM

I was really impressed by this...it looked like digs would get thrown..

November 11, 2010 08:26PM

New Millenium Cyanide Kris Wrote:
> Gwame Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > One of DFI's best battles so far.
personally i thought on the day and still do that was by far the best dfi battle by miles
>
>
> ^^ this, but i still think jambo took all 3!
> would've liked to see an OT anyway but should've
> been promo imo. 1 or 2 more battles and jambo'll
> be top tier, nobody's fucking with that presence
-

i think if he isnt the best battle rapper in dfi he is most defo in the top few
top tier he most certainly is already

on the battle itself i still stand by my decision i think jambo took it in 3 and in ot
nash is a sicko and all but even without crowd reactions jambo just had some class lines had me in stiches
November 11, 2010 08:45PM

Explosive battle, the atmosphere in the room was unreal on the day. Nash's punches and multis were sick as hell, major effort. But Jambo played to the crowd so well with his punches and immense delivery (christ!) that he didnt need multies or flow and as a result edged it. Was great to watch! Respect to both emcees, lethal shit!!

[www.soundcloud.com] - Student of the Game coming soon
November 11, 2010 08:51PM

Class battle. Heres the rap music thread [board.rapmusic.com] drop a post in there. And feel free to post it on any forums i might not know about.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
November 11, 2010 09:01PM

best dfi battle to date hands down, settin the standard with that shit..

thought jambo took got it in three but it was fuckin close, anyone else on the opposite end of that would have been roasted the deliveries overwhelmin but nash was sick, clever punches and gave it back equally and like i said cant see many others if anyone at all comin out of that and still makin it as hard as it was for the judges, i still would have voted OT just to see another round of that shit...props to both the boys both sick cunts with this battle thing
November 11, 2010 09:06PM

ye i thought jambo took it in three there was fuck all between them it was a hard decision to make on the day

Go on the pats!!!!!!!!
November 11, 2010 10:27PM

Current mood:
Some bleedin' battle. Animal stuff.

I agree with everything Bony said in the video.

November 11, 2010 10:31PM

Current mood:
gr8 battle, two animals, Jambo in 3 for me, but was fairly tight biy:-|
November 12, 2010 12:46AM

taught nash took it in ot !

[www.youtube.com]

''And you can bring your friend abdullah.....aswel''
November 12, 2010 01:07AM

was tight as fook! tot OT was fair enough, would of been real hard to call, but i prefered nash's OT! that said home crowd maybe swayed judges... ye cant stop that. but i honestly dont think jambo would have took this if it was in cork...
November 12, 2010 02:15AM

Current mood:
nash in 3 and ot for me, if the battle had of been in cork he would have won, and if it had of been anywhere other than dublin he would of won too

November 12, 2010 02:31AM

Lethal stuff

Jambo in the 1st two verses

Nash in the 3rd............think Nash COULD have took the OT if he had some better punches.........some were more like jokes and a bit soft....especially when your up against somebody as aggressive as Jambo.......in 3 it was close as fuck...

Did Jambo freestyle that OT????
November 12, 2010 02:41AM

Current mood:
November 12, 2010 05:45AM

jambo is a beast.

in a nutshell though, cork voted cork, dublin voted dublin. lets maybe not be afraid to offend our friends ladeens.
November 12, 2010 06:46AM

Fookin whooper battle, the 2 lads done the bleedin job big styliee. If your only as good as your last battle the lads are on fyah !!!!
November 12, 2010 09:45AM

Current mood:
best battle iv seen yet. both were outstanding

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]
November 12, 2010 10:34AM

Fuckin class, too close to call.

In Dublin Jambo won.

In Cork Nash would have took it.

Great intensity, really enjoyed that !

November 12, 2010 10:40AM

Current mood:
great battle. the reason i voted Jambo in the end was because Nash's OT was a bit generic. he had some very clever lines but they could have been used against anyone.

Nash has improved tenfold since his first performance, this was easily his best showing.

and i can see Jambos unbeaten record lastin a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 10:42AM by Dave.
November 12, 2010 12:28PM

the over reactions from the crowd actually annoyed the piss out of me you cant stop it but i dont agree it swayed the judges decision i was well aware of the ridiculous over reactions from the crowd to jambos lines

Go on the pats!!!!!!!!
November 12, 2010 01:16PM

Current mood:
Dave Wrote:
> and i can see Jambos unbeaten record lastin a
> while.

Yeah that's the thing. It would take a very well planned approach to beat him, cos he'd probably make it seem like he's dominating the battle regardless of how good you are. Maybe if Nash had more of his "the hardest bloke but soundin like a retarded dope" type lines that actually talked about Jambo's style, he could've taken some of the power away from it, if ya get me.
November 12, 2010 01:41PM

what a battle!! i can see this getting a huge amount of views.
i couldnt call a winner, doesnt even matter. this battle is a giant win for all involved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!