March 10, 2011 04:41PM

Loada Bolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>And saying the shit about how
> are you meant to take IHH seriously and pointing
> at Shapey is a bitch move. Save your insults for
> the battle. Maybe if Steenson did that instead of
> choke he might of deserved the win.

yeah i agree, just as bad as interrupting some bars, shows no respect for the other mc, everything said in the round aint personal because its a battle but i doubt you would have said that to Molloys face before or after the battle, just a sly way to try and win over some of the audience, aka if you support Shapes your condemning IHH. Rob is prob my fav 'dublin-struggle' rappers, but was a bit of fail to claim Shapes is the reason why IHH isnt taken seriously.

Re: DFI 7 - Shapey vs Steenson
March 10, 2011 04:53PM

Current mood:
Nah fuck that's it's battling you're meant to be a dickhead to the other person. I probably contributed to a few of his stumbles walking off and turning my back to him during his rounds. Was talking bollocks about him on the forum/facebook for a few weeks as well. Was joking like but still being a bit of a dick about it.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
March 10, 2011 04:55PM

mmmm i dunno, its like when Jee and Nug battle Chron and ??? in London and they wouldnt shake hands and wouldnt talk and shit, its just disrespectful. like Redzer always say 'respect the MCs lads' Wink

March 10, 2011 05:03PM

Current mood:
lol@steenson saying shapeys the reason ihh isn't taken serious and then comming with the most unpolished heap of shit rhymes ever

i will always support
March 10, 2011 05:06PM

Thought this was one of the poorer battles to be honest. Too much choking for pre writtens. Before people come on slating me I understand I did this in my only battle but ya gotta try freestyle til youre back on point, the silence is cringeworthy.

All the same I thought Rob deserved to win it, simply because he made me laugh more. Nice wan for the shout out Shapey.

March 10, 2011 05:42PM

SertOne Wrote:
> mmmm i dunno, its like when Jee and Nug battle
> Chron and ??? in London and they wouldnt shake
> hands and wouldnt talk and shit, its just
> disrespectful. like Redzer always say 'respect the
> MCs lads' Wink

FUCK off it was nothing like that,ya can see the two of us talking at the end of the battle for fuck sake...it was a joke..your ment to insult the other person thats the whole point of it...and if i had a problem with him yes i would have said it to his face, but i dont, so i didnt.

[www.youtube.com]

''And you can bring your friend abdullah.....aswel''
March 10, 2011 06:04PM

Current mood:
Thought Rob had a couple of great lines and a good flip as well.

March 10, 2011 06:10PM

cant belive my jesus orgasm face is so famous right about now........
March 10, 2011 06:21PM

RobSteenson Wrote:
> SertOne Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mmmm i dunno, its like when Jee and Nug battle
> > Chron and ??? in London and they wouldnt shake
> > hands and wouldnt talk and shit, its just
> > disrespectful. like Redzer always say 'respect
> the
> > MCs lads' Wink
>
>
> FUCK off it was nothing like that,ya can see the
> two of us talking at the end of the battle for
> fuck sake...it was a joke..your ment to insult the
> other person thats the whole point of it...and if
> i had a problem with him yes i would have said it
> to his face, but i dont, so i didnt.

this is what i mean thou its like i no u aint got a prob with shapes, so why do that shit at the intro, maybe am missing the point.

March 10, 2011 06:34PM

yeah i think you are..

[www.youtube.com]

''And you can bring your friend abdullah.....aswel''
March 10, 2011 07:11PM

SertOne Wrote:
> mmmm i dunno, its like when Jee and Nug battle
> Chron and ??? in London and they wouldnt shake
> hands and wouldnt talk and shit, its just
> disrespectful. like Redzer always say 'respect the
> MCs lads' Wink

It was Chronicle and Flex Digits , fucking spa's didn't notice that when i watched it,Chronicle is a dick when he battles imo.
March 10, 2011 07:23PM

feel shapey took that
steensons 3rd was nice

190608_195532953800295_100000307762245_593335_5861673_n
March 10, 2011 07:34PM

i actually felt from reading the comments i would feel shapey was better after watching

missed it on the day

i feel that even though steenson stumbled on the first 2 he slightly edged it for me, shapey the 3rd

thats opinion, different strokes different folks

i didnt even watch the judges (which i rarely do) so dunno who voted what, but i would have gone 2-1 steenson if i was voting

March 10, 2011 07:36PM

ye who even won in d end

190608_195532953800295_100000307762245_593335_5861673_n
March 10, 2011 08:12PM

She Brings The Rain Wrote:
> ye who even won in d end

get out.

@rob yeah fair enough, maybe cause am outside the whole battle scene i dont get it.

March 10, 2011 08:41PM

ah in fairness sert i think there is a lot of banter had amongst artists, sure they would have been at events in uk etc together, im pretty sure they get on well and shapey would be aware of that

March 10, 2011 09:47PM

Current mood:
shapey go fuck yourself

in all honesty shapey was robbed in this one (no diss to seenson) just the better on the day, dont know what the judges wer thinkin

March 10, 2011 09:55PM

Yeah shapey comin with some lines you would here from grindtime spitters.....Few bananan skins bit sher
March 10, 2011 10:34PM

SertOne Wrote:
> round 1 - shapey, rob fluffed at the end
> round 2 - shapey fucking killed it till the pause,
> rob fluffed at the end again
> round 3 - shapeys wheres wally line was great, rob
> voldermort line was great and a good ending.
>
> shapeys lines go a mile ahead the crowds head, rob
> was repetitive but had overall better delivery and
> some clever punchlines but the
> wally/harry/milhouse lines are gettin old. if i
> was battling shapes theres 99 other things u cud
> go at him with.
>
> did ron give two rounds a tie and one to shapey
> and still give it to rob?

na i just kinda mumbled at the end there.

gave the first round to shapey

second round to rob third was kinda even but i just thought robs delivery gave him the edge.

Shapey was good no doubt but I was just beside lethal when he shapey took out his lines sheet wasnt going to dismiss him for it but it was still way outta line definitely took it into consideration at the end and I didnt find the way he ended his rounds particularly good. He was trying something different but it didnt work out for him.

Go on the pats!!!!!!!!
March 10, 2011 11:17PM

Yeah i thought it was a good idea the way shapey ended his rounds but not for a dfi event really as half the people there wouldnt get the whole "easy" "lets get it in" reference. I'd imagine a lot of people at dfi haven't seen many other battles.
I think people are being harsh on this battle.
I enjoyed it on the day and still do. I thought shapey had great content and despite the stumbles rob delivered his a lot betterand had some good lines too. I would have went OT personally.
As bren said the crowd doesnt judge the battle but they play a huge part. Poor crowd reaction can totally mind fuck you and kill your momentum. Good reactions from the crowd get the adrenaline going great. It can have a huge impact on the battle.
Also i'd rather lose a battle and win over a few fans then do the opposite.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
March 11, 2011 12:10AM

have to laugh at the shitebags still overlooking the fact shapey pulled out a line sheet, are yous all serious?

Shapey already admitted he done it and said rather that than choke, fair enough but id make that decision ten times over, any other battle league youd be laughed out of the event for that, salar did it and granted it was ten times worse but he got abuse for it..next battles i do ill be reading my shit and nobody better say anything, absolute shower of testicle garglers on here and sertone with your little snide comments, fuck off and pull the balls off yourself to a j dilla poster
March 11, 2011 12:25AM

p-money bags Wrote:
> have to laugh at the shitebags still overlooking
> the fact shapey pulled out a line sheet, are yous
> all serious?
>
> Shapey already admitted he done it and said rather
> that than choke, fair enough but id make that
> decision ten times over, any other battle league
> youd be laughed out of the event for that, salar
> did it and granted it was ten times worse but he
> got abuse for it..next battles i do ill be reading
> my shit and nobody better say anything, absolute
> shower of testicle garglers on here and sertone
> with your little snide comments, fuck off and pull
> the balls off yourself to a j dilla poster

name one snide comment, i like shapey and rob, i just persoanlly didnt like the little dig in the intro but Robs a big boy now and thats on him, and i respect his decisions to do so.

a dilla poster? nah shun that shits expensive, i jerk to them free copies of Vice you get in Size?.

March 11, 2011 12:30AM

that LD not payin attention comment, you clearly werent payin attention that i was payin attention
March 11, 2011 12:43AM

p-money bags Wrote:
> that LD not payin attention comment, you clearly
> werent payin attention that i was payin attention

are you slow? myself and a few others thought that you werent paying attention because we thought that your comments about shapey taking out some paper during the battle was in reference to when shapes took out the colouring in book and the picture of the tattoo, the reason why we thought this was because, as someone was already explained is because the camera did not show when shapey got out the paper during robs round because the camera was on rob.

also this wasnt a 'snide' comment because i didnt hint at it or suggest at it vaguely, i said it fairly clear that u werent paying attention if the situation is to be believed as the camera puts it across, which is in fact false. i wasnt being under hand about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 01:16AM by SertOne.
March 11, 2011 09:35AM

Sert talking shit in your intro is all part of the battle buzz. No need to be offended by it. Once the cameras are rolling its all part of the battle.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
March 11, 2011 10:09AM

Current mood:
I'd make the distinction that what I did wasn't nearly as bad as what INK and Salar did. I looked at a piece of paper for 10 seconds during one of the intervals while I wasn't rapping. Had to just check what the fuck way to change my rounds up cos I had spit half my first, and half my second in the first minute. It was off camera. Course it wasn't ideal but I said fuck it, better than flopping. Or freestyling. My fees are rotten already, god knows what they're like in front of a crowd.

Sert, honest it's not a bother. Just a bit of showmanship.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 10:10AM by Shapey Fiend.
March 11, 2011 10:18AM

Nah ink and salar defo did worse by reading lines while rapping. But its still not really fair on your opponent. I've choked in a load of battles. Best thing for it if your not great at frees, plus not many can get their head straight to do a decent free when their pissed over forgetting lines, is to have back up bars. Any lines ya didnt use, some generic battle lines, and even a flip. If ya think of a few half decent flips save one for when ya need it.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 10:21AM by Nugget.
March 11, 2011 10:28AM

Current mood:
its gas that in the same battle you took a shot at me you made near enough the same mistake as i did

March 11, 2011 10:57AM

Hardly a shot. People need to stop taking things said about them in battles as legit disses.
Anyway he read off a sheet in between rounds. Which is bad no excuses.
You stood there looking at your hand blatantly in front of everyone. Ya even admitted to it. It ruined the battle and it never got uploaded so rob lost out. Hardly near enoughthe same mistake.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
March 11, 2011 11:17AM

Current mood:
Not saying it's a good thing, just saying it wasn't THAT big a deal. Won't happen again. I'd the shit locked down a month beforehand knew it off as well as I could (my memory is shit) just nerves or something. Think it was a big improvement on my past two battles even if I lost. I'll be flying it now in my next one if I can just tie everything together that I've done well so far.

Ya don't stress it about the disses Ink. I mean, I just thought of the "laid INK out correctly" line and I had to use it. That's my favorite line I've come up with so far even if only about 10 heads got it. Very Happy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 11:21AM by Shapey Fiend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!