Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Earl Sweatshirt is back

Posted by freemoney 
Earl Sweatshirt is back
February 09, 2012 05:20AM

And here's the full track, [terttlefer.com]

Can't wait to see what new material he comes out with. Has the potential to be the best emcee of this generation imo.
Re: Earl Sweatshirt is back
February 09, 2012 08:24AM

yeah seen this earlier. whole situation was crazy. the 50k followers thing was genius though
February 09, 2012 10:10PM

overrated but good
February 09, 2012 10:25PM

Why you think he's overrated? I know there's a hell of a lot of dickriders for Odd Future but if you've listened to his album I can't see how you could say dude is overrated, He was like 16 when he did that shit as well. The stuff he's gunna be dropping when he's gotten a bit older is going to be insane.
February 10, 2012 06:47PM

I think his album was good and for a 16 year old it was unbelievable.. but some people seem to think hes the best rapper since biggie and pac and i just dont get it..

im just not a fan of the content, its like what the fuck is he even talking about

"gouging out a ostrich-eyeballs while watching asher roth eating apple sauce cutting a virgins wrists making her eat my dick"

or some shit like that lol
February 10, 2012 07:36PM

Current mood:
Love Earl, don't always have to find meaning in what he's saying, easy listening buzz.

February 10, 2012 09:38PM

Current mood:
Most of his lyrics make sense to me. He just goes on a more abstract buzz like MF Doom.

Fuck 2 Pac.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
February 10, 2012 09:44PM

Shapey Fiend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of his lyrics make sense to me. He just goes
> on a more abstract buzz like MF Doom.
>
> Fuck 2 Pac.

This.

Takes a couple of listens to catch everything but that's the beauty of it. Would rather listen to Earl then someone like J.Cole who people claim is the best thing since sliced bread, Sounding like every generic rapper from the 00's.
February 10, 2012 11:07PM

J Cole Friday Night Lights mixtape just listen and tell me theres not an extremely insightful and powerful message in it... its just down to what you prefer i guess, i easily prefer J Cole but i respect anyone's preferences
just wanna say that J Cole is, apart from a sick mc, an amazing producer too. great talent
but yeah I like Earl too, jus tthink hes a bit overrated and i dont like most of the beats he goes in on
February 11, 2012 07:21AM

lolz at anyone saying doom makes sense.

Sassy>>>>>>>>>
February 12, 2012 06:45AM

Current mood:
WHAT.

Fuck that. fuckkkkk all that. whatever about earl or whoever else. Doom makes sense doe.

February 12, 2012 07:15AM

February 12, 2012 09:30PM

its easily settled, J Cole and Earl are equally as useless...Action Bronson would swally them both whole, metaphorically but probably literally too
February 12, 2012 10:15PM

Current mood:
its all about yelawolf nowadays, get with the programme folks

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 10:18PM by Dynamic.
February 12, 2012 10:18PM

Current mood:
It was a year ago before he brought out that wack ass album.

Schoolboy Q is my current favourite.

February 12, 2012 11:41PM

why is kendrick too commercial for ya now? jokes
February 13, 2012 03:24AM

action bronson is the only rapper thats alive thats been mentioned in this thread thats worth listening to
February 13, 2012 03:25AM

mf doom to,but hes probably been dead years
February 13, 2012 12:33PM

February 13, 2012 02:30PM

Ruairi Hartigan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> action bronson is the only rapper thats alive
> thats been mentioned in this thread thats worth
> listening to
February 13, 2012 04:24PM

This whole thread should be destroyed.
Flippant comments, snide assumptions and generally thoughtless commentary. I'd expect better from nearly everyone in here.
February 13, 2012 04:51PM

action bronson on statik selektah beats u cant go wrong.
but saying that kendrick lamar isnt worth listening to is plain retarded you should really have the decency to give him a proper listen before saying that
February 13, 2012 07:53PM

I have to write an addendum on my earlier comment. My fingers had hovered over the keyboard earlier in the conversation but I thought I'd stay out of what will inevitably end up as another circular forum argument. So, I'm in now, so I may as well make my point. I also am painfully aware that in trying to convey my dismay at this thread I too was guilty of making a "flippant comment". So anyway.......

We all have opinions. We all like a bit of banter. Sadly, the printed word is far less effective at conveying context and tone than if we were havin a bit of banter in the pub/outside mass/blazing it down the canal.

Several of the posts in this thread are from people I know in the real world. People that have stuck with their art or love of the art for a considerable amount of time. To disparage other artists with pithy one-liners and arbitrary comparisons is total bullshit, especially from practicing artists. Action Bronson is not "better" than any of the rappers mentioned. I love Action. I also dig on Earl, Kendrick and Doom considerably. I have not got the same love for J Cole or Yela. This does not mean I they are "worse" at making music. They do very different things. It's perfectly acceptable to not like them or make negative comments on particulars of their output but to definitively compare them in such narrow terms is a pointless exercise mired in the adolescent mindset of "them and us". Are we so threatened by what these other artists bring to the table that we have to resort to such childishness?

Critically speaking the only artist mentioned that has a body of work that can be analysed in depth is MF Doom. All of the others are only getting started, when they've hit their stride and the whole cultural, musicological and sociological context of their work can be examined from afar then, and only then, can any real importance be ascribed.

As for Doom not making sense? That's an individual matter, but he's an artist whose lyrics need a certain amount of decoding, written as they are in a variety of personas, with considerable amounts of slang and stream of consciousness content.

I find it astonishing that some of ye can't see the technical and lyrical virtuosity of Earl, Kendrick and Yela, seeing as they all utilise dense, multisyllabic rhyme schemes and all imbue their work with considerable individuality and persona. Like I said, I'm a big Bronson fan but in my opinion he lacks song content and picks an awful lot of sub-par boom-bap beats on which to rhyme.

This would lead me to the conclusion that your denouncing of these artists comes from aesthetics, what clothes they wear, how they speak, how they represent themselves outside of musical expression. The notion that because Action apes the golden flow of Ghostface and Big Pun, comes from Queens and raps on boom-bap instrumentals (until now, check that recent joint with Riff Raff on the cloud rap tip), he is somehow more "authentic" than the others. And this, as a means for criticism, is wack as fuck.

Right. That's that out of my system. Later.
February 13, 2012 09:01PM

Current mood:
*carefully considers deviants comments*

Man, that Diabolic track is terrible. Why remix a song 10 months after the buzz and making it about how skinny jeans are gay. That shit was tired 5 years ago. Rest of it's attacking stuff that Tyler says ironically anyway. Whole point of parody is to satirise something that takes itself too seriously and he hasn't got any funny angles in any case.

Nah, deviant hit the nail on the head there though. People are too quick to compare chalk and cheese. Rappers have different styles and influences they draw on. You have to appreciate them for what they are not what they're not. It should be about how well they build on the guys they're fans of and developing that style that matters. If you like Doom then Earl has a lot to recommend him. Particularly as Dooms last album wasn't the best.

I never said I thought Kendrick was the next messiah. He's definitely good I just find I connect with Schoolboy Q's stuff a bit more. Still early days I know but I've already listened to his tape far more times than I did to Section 80.

February 13, 2012 09:06PM

Current mood:
I been listening to Habits & Contradictions the last 2 weeks but I prefer Section.80 to be honest!

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
February 13, 2012 09:48PM

fair play some really good posts there! amen!

and i agree with shapey this diss track was pretty weak and generic plus he didnt flow nice on the beat at all plus i fucking hate that beat its been so played out
February 14, 2012 07:56AM

Personally i liked the diss track.

As for doom i like a lot of his stuff. Particularly earlier stuff. Some if it doesnt make a whole lot of sense but itr sounds good. I just can't relate to this tyler dude at all.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
February 14, 2012 09:13AM

Current mood:
Biggie or 2pac?

February 14, 2012 09:25AM

February 14, 2012 07:21PM

good points from deviant,but sayin its cos one artist appears more authentic isnt necessarily right,thats for people that believe rick ross sells weight lol.

and i dont care how much multi syllabic stuff or whatever yelawolf can do i just dont like his music.

im sick of being called a hiphop purist if i dont like certain music to,young jeezys first album deads that argument.

also kendrick lamaar is pretty good,i have only heard 3 songs that were out before the album and liked them,

big krit is probably one of the best of all these new rising stars to
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!