Reality Bites: Ireland's Rappers

Posted by Molloy 
Re: Reality Bites: Ireland's Rappers
February 16, 2012 11:39PM

Current mood:
Le Parp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Explain?

You've long since recouped the money you've paid in taxes from your jobs since you, and many others, are living the Shapey life; that's a life whereby you get the BTEA and sponge off the government whilst you gain a qualification. Anyway, don't worry, I may be joining y'all eventually.

Obviously I'm making huge, sweeping generalisations with most of that.

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

"Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers"
February 16, 2012 11:42PM

Current mood:
and incorrect ones at that....

February 16, 2012 11:49PM

Current mood:

Dynamic.. stop trying to make jokes and go back to not getting jokes. You've become approximately 5 times more annoying on this website than you were a year ago, and that was pretty fucking annoying to start with.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
February 17, 2012 12:05AM

Current mood:
Since 1995, when I wasn't holding down 3 jobs while in school or 2 while in college, I've spent about 4 years out of work, over one year of that I didn't apply for the dole cos I knew nothing about it and didn't want to know, and two years I did a course instead of sitting around the gaff and looking for work in a recession. That course finished 8 months ago. I started my job 7 months ago.

I've paid this state more in taxes over the last 17 years than most here have earned in wages. In fact I've spent more years working than some here have been alive.

February 17, 2012 12:44AM

Current mood:
You people are funny, especially David.

Bren, I'll erase you from my 'social parasites' list for the moment, you probably covered yourself over the years.

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

February 17, 2012 01:29AM

i have a really well paid job and then another side gig with cash under the table. where does that place me on the list
February 17, 2012 01:31AM

i'm sure this discussion is all jokes, but to be serious for a minute nobody in their right mind would bother working if they actually thought that quality of life on the dole was anything close to that of a working person. i mean if you choose to work you sort of have to either admit it must be a bit shit and depressing to be on the dole or else admit that you're a total idiot for working. this is because only an idiot would voluntarily spend 40 hours a week wasting half of the only life they will ever live making money for people they more than likely share a mutual sense of loathing or at least indifference with if they really didn't have to.

i don't know, it's just something i never get about these 'dole scrounger'-esque conversations which seem to pop up everywhere lately ever since the governments of the world started upping their use of the pit the people against each other tactics. perhaps there is some moral high ground there that is invisible to me, but i sure as shit would rather spend my whole life surrounded by sexy young ones studying art courses or equally irrelevant and useless things, funded all the while by the righteously indignated robotic worker drones of the world, if it was any sort of glamorous lifestyle.

you won't waste time on your death bed regretting the days you missed off work and nobody is going to remember you as a good grafter. the whole thing is just part of a ridiculous set of social norms designed specifically to keep us acting, and better yet, thinking like good productive little worker bees. in much the way they ban any substances that cause people to stop and think about little things like the necessity of being a good little consumer, going out to work every morning just so you can afford to buy tonnes of shit you don't need and would never have even wanted but for having been manipulated into buying by the brainwashing that goes on in the ad breaks between insert reality tv show here that you are watching on your 50 inch plasma tv you were brainwashed into buying by the last one.

but what was this thread about again? oh yeah, rte don't get hip hop. i expect this show to be quite good though whichever way it goes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 01:40AM by mrdapper.
February 17, 2012 01:34AM

Current mood:
dlyrious Wrote:
> i have a really well paid job and then another
> side gig with cash under the table. where does
> that place me on the list

You live in Brazil, don't you?

I can't really give you an accurate rating from here in Dublin. However, I will forward your details to my equally arsehole-like associate over in Rio to assess your position on the list. I'd say you're doing pretty well though, considering your age, so yeah, keep being a productive member of society. Although, I can't say I look favourably upon your cash-in-hand work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 01:35AM by Mein Kampf Monk.
February 17, 2012 02:11AM

Current mood:
mrdapper Wrote:
> i'm sure this discussion is all jokes, but to be
> serious for a minute nobody in their right mind
> would bother working if they actually thought that
> quality of life on the dole was anything close to
> that of a working person. i mean if you choose to
> work you sort of have to either admit it must be a
> bit shit and depressing to be on the dole or else
> admit that you're a total idiot for working. this
> is because only an idiot would voluntarily spend
> 40 hours a week wasting half of the only life they
> will ever live making money for people they more
> than likely share a mutual sense of loathing or at
> least indifference with if they really didn't have
> to.
>
> i don't know, it's just something i never get
> about these 'dole scrounger'-esque conversations
> which seem to pop up everywhere lately ever since
> the governments of the world started upping their
> use of the pit the people against each other
> tactics. perhaps there is some moral high ground
> there here is invisible to me, but i sure as shit
> would rather spend my whole life surrounded by
> sexy young ones studying art courses or equally
> irrelevant and useless things, funded all the
> while by the righteously indignated robotic worker
> drones of the world, if it was any sort of
> glamorous lifestyle.
>
> you won't waste time on your death bed regretting
> the days you missed off work and nobody is going
> to remember you as a good grafter. the whole
> thing is just part of a ridiculous set of social
> norms designed specifically to keep us acting, and
> better yet, thinking like good productive little
> worker bees. in much the way they ban any
> substances that cause people to stop and think
> about little things like the necessity of being a
> good little consumer, going out to work every
> morning just so you can afford to buy tonnes of
> shit you don't need and would never have even
> wanted but for having been manipulated into buying
> by the brainwashing that goes on in the ad breaks
> between insert reality tv show here that you are
> watching on your 50 inch plasma tv you were
> brainwashed into buying by the last one.
>
> but what was this thread about again? oh yeah, rte
> don't get hip hop. i expect this show to be quite
> good though whichever way it goes.

I certainly don't want to work 40 hours a week for the remainder of my life. Although, I'm probably lucky enough to have a few 'outs', shall we say.

I know people are merely cogs in a machine who're working for nothing more than the betterment of 'society' and the few at the top of the pyramid. Although, I work with the goal to eventually be able to travel for a prolonged period, and, unfortunately, one needs money to be able to pull of such things. I don't think they will accept my hatred for humankind as payment for an Aer Lingus flight.

February 17, 2012 12:39PM

Current mood:
I've only ever been on the dole for about a year, maybe a year and a half. Rest of the time I've been in college/working. I keep repeating shit in college but that's more to do with me being crap than wanting to stay there. I wish I'd been finished it a couple of years ago cos I find work far more enjoyable than academia. I just want to eventually get paid reasonably for it cos despite working at various shit for 6 years without a degree I never really got on better pay than 9 euro an hour and in the long run you're not going to be able to live very well on that when you've kids and health insurance and morgage and all that other shit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2012 12:42PM by Shapey Fiend.
February 17, 2012 09:22PM

Current mood:
GMC had a 15 minute segment on Nationwide earlier

February 17, 2012 11:53PM

Current mood:
Shapey Fiend Wrote:
> I've only ever been on the dole for about a year,
> maybe a year and a half.

You could walk into any office in Ireland and get a job cause the whole 'I have glasses' look you've got goin on. You never see cunts with spec's signing on, that's cause they're smart and don't need to.

Think about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigs are for cunts - true story.
February 20, 2012 10:02PM

Won't be able to peep this till it's on rte player later. Just checked out what twitters saying about it,

Ah lads anyone watching the rapping show on RTE? The state of them god bless #irelandsrappers #rte

The republic of telly will have enough material for a whole series after #Irelandsrappers

How old is Redzer?! Oh and why is he called 'Redzer'? #irelandsrappers

Anybody watching #IrelandsRappers oh my god they're so tick #ThisProgrammeIsTooGood

Maurice Coveney @theassassinpage
Irelands rappers is a great documentary Smile #irelandsrappers #rte
February 20, 2012 10:39PM

Current mood:
I missed this but it's blowing up twitter so post a link to it when shit comes up on the RTE player or whatever.

February 20, 2012 10:41PM

Current mood:
Ya #irishrappers and #irelandsrappers are trending......

It could have been worse! But it could have been a whole lot better.

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
February 20, 2012 10:43PM

Current mood:
I thought it was well done, fair play all involved
February 20, 2012 10:45PM

Current mood:
P.S. I love the way this thread was completely derailed by me talking shite and now the world is reading it. Amazing.

February 20, 2012 10:51PM

Current mood:
and this just came out on rte's youtube there

February 20, 2012 11:15PM

i thought it was fuckin deadly! even tho the fuckers didnt show any of the vids i made Sad

siyo came across well funny and im pretty sure redzer is running for taoiseach now

youtube.com/jamesthehead
February 20, 2012 11:25PM

Current mood:
It was pretty sloppy really. The serious bits were kind of repetitive. The Miss Elayneous stuff was dull. I think they could have left in the stupid bits (which did make for good television) and have covered the rest with a little more depth.

February 20, 2012 11:32PM

Current mood:
it meh'd me. rte trying to insinuate 'beef' between workin class annd class az was ridiculous. alot of editing went into trying to make somthing out of it. nonetheless you have to pay respect to RTE for doing this, especially at 9:30 on a monday night. also knowing there gunna get alot of slack for it. not all of it was bad, tribute to Lunitic was nice. not as bad as everybody is making it out to be but there was definatley some iffy bits. it could have been worse!

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]
February 20, 2012 11:33PM

February 21, 2012 12:08AM

Current mood:
Just watched it.

It really only skimmed the surface and, as Shapey said, it was a bit sloppy. SP were not even shown which was a bit shit. Some people came across really well; a few probably would've been better off buying a shotgun and aiming it at their feet to completely solidify their downfall.

February 21, 2012 12:09AM

They basically took footage from various parts of the Jambo/Nash battle and created fake jambo reactions to Nash's bars.
February 21, 2012 12:10AM

Could've been better, but could've been much worse as well.

February 21, 2012 12:53AM

By the looks of Twitter and elsewhere the general opinion on IHH is the same as it always has been you either like it or you hate it.
February 21, 2012 01:01AM

Definelty some of the lads came across better then others. The piece on lunitic was a nice touch. No need to be showing redzers birds 21st tho, could have stuck in clips of SP or someone spitting in that slot. Kinda felt like I was watching the redzer show at some points tbh. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be from what I was hearing about it.
February 21, 2012 02:26AM

Current mood:
I don't think it really did any of the artists any favours. Some of the footage was good, but it was edited together horribly. Even the battle clips and music videos didn't look very good in the context they were shown.

It made IHH seem even more small time than it is. Like you would have a clip of somebody talking a good show "blah blah blah, this is a serious career, blah blah blah, I'm hoping to make it big" etc. Then they cut to clip of the artist playing a gig to what looked to be an audience of five people. The rappers came off as well meaning, but a bit delusional.

I don't imagine people seeing this and then wanting to hear more from the artists featured.
February 21, 2012 02:46AM

I'm just looking forward to the SIYO spin off!
February 21, 2012 07:25AM

Current mood:
New Millennium Cyanide Kris Wrote:
> Could've been better, but could've been much worse
> as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!