Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music

Posted by carnage 
The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music
April 26, 2012 01:23PM

Current mood:
This could also be filed in the conspiracy theories thread but i\'ll stick it here.. have a read.. Its sorta believeable in a way

[www.waxpoetics.com]
Re: The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music
April 26, 2012 02:08PM

April 26, 2012 03:02PM

Current mood:
More then likely but im still wearing my tin foil kangol
April 26, 2012 05:36PM

Current mood:
fake imo
April 26, 2012 06:11PM

Probably a spoof but most certainly fits the bill. All the big white men sat down and came up with
A) A way to make millions (TimeWarner sold Deathrow for 400million with Suge in jail and 2pac dead)
B) A way to incorporate and maintain racism, stereotypes, promote violence and profit of peeps in jail.

It fits the illuminati bill of mind control of the mass etc.
Very possible
April 26, 2012 06:23PM

Current mood:
you don't have to even mention conspiracy theory shizz. there are countless academic papers on the penetration of ideas represented in the media, into the daily reality of society. while this exact story may not be true, it makes good business sense. it isn't part of some evil plan. it's just how the world operates.

April 26, 2012 08:52PM

Current mood:
Remember when rappers used to say "I overstand"?
That was gay!
April 26, 2012 09:01PM

Current mood:
"but still no answer as to why westwood started playing so much bilge."
Ha!
April 29, 2012 05:42AM

>A) A way to make millions (TimeWarner sold Deathrow for 400million with Suge in jail and 2pac dead)

But that's not what really happened. "Welcome to deathrow" ended on that note, with Suge in Jail, 2pac dead, and time warner selling deathrow for 400 million.

But the time line is wrong. That happened in 1995 when Suge was still a happy free man, and Tupac was very much alive. Time Warner owned 50% of interscope, and the "rap division" which was mostly Death Row records and other artists. Time Warner for months was under pressure from politicians to disassociate themselves from Interscope. Death Row used to publish their work directly from Time Warner, but after a falling out with Suge (they wanted him to work with C.Deloris Tucker to produce family safe rap), Suge switched to interscope to publish with them directly. Time Warner thought it had wiped his hands clean of this, but the politicians kept on complaining that since Time Warner owned 50% of Interscope, they by default, where still publishing suges music through a child company. So they sold back their shares to Interscope.

Tupac was still alive sitting in a prison cell, and Suge was still running Death Row, it was just a deal done between their parent companies, with interscope eventually paying for 100% ownership. Basically Jimmy Iovine got his company back in full. It was that infighting that lead Tupac to deathrow in the first place. Tupac was an direct interscope artist, compared to snoop and dre etc being deathrow artists that interscope owned shares of. Warner couldn't drop Dre/Snoop/Deathrow directly because deathrow was set up as an child company of interscope, and I assume warner had minimum input, so all they could do is complain to interscope. Tupac however was a direct artist of interscopes so while he was in prison, they told interscope me against the world would be the last album they directly publish from him, as they didn't want the stigma of publishing the works of a sex offender. That's why they refused to pay for his bail to get him out awaiting his appeal, because Warner wouldn't let them. So suge did it, which is really just interscope anyway. Tupac basically moved from Interscope to Interscope, the only difference was another man was his direct boss. If Tupac actually just held out for a few months, the Time Warner problem would have went away and interscope would have bailed him out directly, avoiding deathrow.

It's weird how attitudes change. If politicians tried to get people to drop rappers and entire companies today, the major labels would tell them to fuck off.
April 29, 2012 11:34AM

Current mood:
jaysus....

anyway, im with Siyo. it fits in well with the NWO agenda but could well just be bollocks..

April 29, 2012 03:19PM

April 30, 2012 04:13PM

Current mood:
Jesus! Here when is your book out ninjawizard?

April 30, 2012 08:42PM

fucking tralfamadorians strike again

___________________________________________________________________________________________

May 01, 2012 12:20PM

>Jesus! Here when is your book out ninjawizard?

September. It's just going to be wikipedia and old news article rewritten in my words.
May 01, 2012 10:37PM

tinfoil kangol haha

[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 6 on September 17, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 252 on August 17, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!