Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AN OPEN LETTER

Posted by Middle Finger 
AN OPEN LETTER
July 13, 2012 08:54AM

To whom it may concern,

Last night on facebook i was labelled a "snake" and a "prick" regarding the "Irelands Rappers" documentry that aired on RTE and now the BBC. To set the record straight icontacted several documentry makers over the years and Ronan McCloskey expressed an intrest in doing something. I met him several times and relayed all your thoughts and ideas to him. I gave him the contact numbers for the artists that REQUESTED to be on it or involved. That is where my involvement stopped. I had no say on ootage, editing etc and to suggest otherwiseis both niave and unfair. I genuinely just tried to help when asked and left the ball in the court of those who participated.

Some may know , others won't. For those that don't my name is Tony Smyth. 10 years ago i recorded, did gigs etc and most hear did not like my music which is fair enough. I was / am shit at football too but i still train twice a week. Turn up for matches and sit on the bench. I play when needed and try the best i can with the ability i have. People appreciate that i try, give my all and i always give as good as i can with little or no reward. Well music is the same while i do not have the ability of others i purely do it as i genuinely love it. I had my tracks played on numerous occasions on primetime radio as far back as 2001. I was the first "rapper" to be selected for the Hot Press Unplugged Band off the Year", First "rapper" to be be select for the IMRO showcase tours, First "rapper" to be in Hotpress Demo of The Month, had articles in the Irish Time, Sunday World, The Star as far back as 2001 and 2002. Was the only artist of any genre to be selected twice for the 2fm Sonwriting Contest finshing 3rd in 2001 and 2nd in 2002, i have played gigs the length and breath of the country and one of my tracks was used on the closing credits of a primetime German TV show.

However, i recognised that my ability or the lack there off would only get so far and went back to school and educated myself. I am 34 now, i work for the civil service in a fulltime pensionable and have in fact had a successful career to date,

I have and will continue to help people out whenever i can, i have over the years got gigs, radio slots and articles in papers for people, free studio time, met them for chats when they needed a gee up and never once looked for anything in return and even sacrificed annual leave to help people out on occasions.

I am a fan. I download, share, promote all irish hip hop wherever and whenever i can. Itn the grand sheme of things it does fuck all for the artists but i do it and i try my best.My time is precious but i am always willing to share it. That is the best i can do.

I contacted all artists right after i saw the footage. I did not have to do this but i did. Each one was genuinely okay with it and if they were not they did not say this to me directly. At the end of the day i gave the contacts of those who wanted to be on it. That is all.

Please stop the personal insults.
i have met many of you over the years and regardless of people not liking my music i hope i always came across as a genuinely nice guys. We shared beers and banter and i never held any of the slagging regarding my music against them and judged them in person. I hop on here evey now and again and there is the odd comment from some of those people that i proclaim to be a forefather, that the doc was not happening and i was a bullshitter etc. Well it happened and now im a snake and a prick. What do i have to do????

Genuinely if anyone has a problem with me pm me your number and i will call you personally and try set things straight.

Regards,

Tony Smyth
Re: AN OPEN LETTER
July 13, 2012 12:28PM

You are a fucking snake.

You told me you were in the starting 11 Laughing

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
July 13, 2012 12:34PM

I wish man. All pace and no end product me! Although i dont even have the pace now.
July 13, 2012 01:23PM

Im all end product no pace. And by end product i mean shit

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
July 13, 2012 01:26PM

Current mood:
July 13, 2012 01:28PM

Look man im already here. Ill keep the jokes going as a dsitraction you run off and warn the lads

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
July 13, 2012 03:32PM

So nugget when does the irish hop hop 5 a sides start?
July 13, 2012 03:50PM

Current mood:
WTF is this thread about

i thought it was gona be juicy at the start but it was just some egotistical rant

nobody gives a fuck!

July 13, 2012 05:10PM

July 15, 2012 07:09AM

Current mood:
The reason I called you a snake had nothing to do with the documentary.

July 16, 2012 01:20PM

Current mood:
so seriosuly wtf is this about?

this makes no sense to me. firstly state why you are being called a snake then maybe this whole thing will make more sense.

July 17, 2012 05:57PM

Current mood:
Spill the beans Monto.

Also what name did Tony Smith rap as? Anything online?

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
July 17, 2012 08:06PM

@ Shapey. No it was nothing to do with Monto. He's a cool bloke. it was regards some really harsh comments and messages (some threatening) regards my "involvement" in THAT documentary. I have been contacted by most since and people seem to have the gotten the notion i directed, edited the poxy thing and i was been bombarded left right and centre. Some still owe me an apology but that is neither here nor there
July 18, 2012 08:18AM

It's Tony X isn't it? Dickie Rock's youngest.

July 18, 2012 07:01PM

what are you on about football?
July 19, 2012 08:09PM

New Millennium Cyanide Kris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's Tony X isn't it? Dickie Rock's youngest.

My favourite IHH rumour ever.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.soundcloud.com]
[www.myspace.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.reverbnation.com]
July 20, 2012 08:31AM

Hahahaha mine too Nugget. No it's plain ol' Pete Smyth aka Pete Holidai. But yes i was/am Tony X

[www.peteholidai.com]
July 20, 2012 11:02AM

Typed Pete Holidai into google and got this

Is this you? If so your definitely Dickie Rocks son.
July 20, 2012 11:54AM

Current mood:
or father.

July 20, 2012 01:28PM

Current mood:
Michael Douglas?

July 20, 2012 01:40PM

No Pete Holidai is my dad. I can neither confirm nor deny that he is the son of Dickie Rock
July 26, 2012 02:12PM

Current mood:
August 02, 2012 02:57AM

Current mood:
you're so out of of the loop its not even funny

August 02, 2012 03:41PM

Current mood:
Who was slaggin ya?

Come on spill the beans
August 02, 2012 05:52PM

Current mood:
Everyone at some stage. He's Tony X for god's sake.

August 03, 2012 12:47PM

Current mood:
August 07, 2012 09:25PM

Current mood:
Hudson Brohawke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you're so out of of the loop its not even funny

You seem to think your opinion of anything is relevant in any way in the slightest to anybody. Good man, continue to roam this message board like a window licker

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]
August 14, 2012 03:27PM

Current mood:
Page 15 of the Metro Herald.

August 14, 2012 04:09PM

Current mood:
August 14, 2012 04:56PM

Current mood:
How did you see it ye feckin Corkonian!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!