Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Somethig from nothing "The art of Rap"

Posted by tony ericson 
Somethig from nothing "The art of Rap"
July 15, 2012 03:18AM

SOMETHING FROM NOTHING: THE ART OF RAP is a feature length performance documentary about the runaway juggernaut that is Rap music. At the wheel of this unstoppable beast is the film's director and interviewer Ice-T. Taking us on a deeply personal journey Ice-T uncovers how this music of the street has grown to dominate the world. Along the way Ice-T meets a whole spectrum of Hip-Hop talent, from founders, to new faces, to the global superstars like Eminem, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg and Kanye West. He exposes the roots and history of Rap and then, through meeting many of its most famous protagonists, studies the living mechanism of the music to reveal 'The Art Of Rap'. This extraordinary film features unique performances from the entire cast, without resorting to archive material, to build a fresh and surprising take on the phenomenon that is Rap.

Dublin date's.

[www.swancinemas.ie]

plasticattack@rte.ie

paradise@rte.ie

www.80sclubkillers.blogspot.com

www.myspace.com/teamcityrockersco
Re: Somethig from nothing "The art of Rap"
July 17, 2012 09:12PM

"Plastic Attack" old school hip hop radio show!!

Join Dj Laz-e this Friday as he touches on the origins of Hip Hop with special quest,
Hip Hop Slam boss/presenter of W.F.M.U. New York's "Put the needle on the record", Billy Jam.
+ stay tuned to win a pair of tickets to see "Something from nothing - The Art of Rap" documentary at Dublin's I.F.I.

Friday at 9pm GMT
www.rte.ie
or
UPC channel 944

plasticattack@rte.ie

paradise@rte.ie

July 18, 2012 05:55PM

Current mood:
Just got my ticket there for Swan Center.

July 19, 2012 04:32PM

just checked the site.. is it only being shown tonight? want to go see it but cant make it this evening.. was hoping to go over the weekend

follow @itsnucentz
[facebook.com]
[www.myspace.com]
July 20, 2012 02:20AM

Current mood:
Was at it earlier. The sound was great on it but there was a bulb issue in the Swan center so the picture was not 100%, should be getting some kinda refund or something.
Anyway, some sick tight raps on it. I'd say the DVD will be jammed with more interviews and stuff, I felt the movie tried to cover too much in too little time. Like most people on it got about 5 mins or less and that included a snippet of one of their tracks and a fly over of their city.
Good work by Ice though, the Q&A was entertaining but not really informative. The live performances at the end a nice ending.

Re: Somethig from nothing \"The art of Rap\"
July 20, 2012 02:00PM

Current mood:
Think theyre showing it in the IFC, savoy and the lighthouse..
July 20, 2012 02:13PM

Was the Q&A a pre recorded one or actually a live stream one?
July 20, 2012 06:38PM

Current mood:
They're showing it for a while in IFI anyway.

It's pretty damn good. All the people they brought in for it, really bring it. There was nobody on the whole thing that I thought was crap.
July 20, 2012 06:40PM

Current mood:
L'Ron Hubbard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was the Q&A a pre recorded one or actually a live
> stream one?

T'was live but they may end up showing it after the film when shown again.

July 21, 2012 12:26PM

I was at the London premier & the whole thing was a live stream...., what a night. I have a pair of ticket's up for grabbs through the Plastic Attack (radio show) ..to see it in the I.F.I. Just mail your name & contact number to paradise@rte.ie and the winner will be contacted Wednesday.

plasticattack@rte.ie

paradise@rte.ie

September 14, 2012 08:23PM

September 14, 2012 09:12PM

was that film only 80 mins long?? thought it would never end when i saw it in the cinema.. assumed it was about 2hrs

www.mixcloud.com/JusMe
www.soundcloud.com/jusme-1
September 14, 2012 10:45PM

Probably cut it down for a tv version. It has 106 mins as the running time on IMDB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!