Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Political Irish Rap?

Posted by Moos B. 
Political Irish Rap?
July 03, 2013 02:36PM

Hi!
I'm an English student from Innsbruck, Austria and I'm trying to write a paper on politics and Irish identity in Irish rap. The course I'm writing this in is about The Troubles, so I'm especially looking for traces of this conflict. So far, I've only stumbled upon "Marxman - Sad Affair", but of course, I'd need some more material. Are there any rappers, tracks, albums that deal with Irish identity in general or specifically with the impact of the Troubles on it? Do you have any suggestions?
I really hope you could help me out here!
Re: Political Irish Rap?
July 03, 2013 04:18PM

Current mood:

pretty much anything from tera!

you get almost everyone pushing that 'fuck the governmeanrt' attitude but tera is one of the select few who actually hands on addresses things head on as opposed to the blanket statemeant of 'fuck the governmeant'

anyway, those links are guidlines, you should find plenty more from there

id actually be really interested in reading what you come up with, if your up for sharing it when your done feel free to get in contact

hope i helped!

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 04:27PM by NotARobot.
July 03, 2013 04:22PM

This

Some of his other stuff is political. There is another track about The Lisbon Treaty too but I don't think that is what you're looking for.

There was loads of other stuff that was written about the troubles but other peoples are well more knowledgeable than me. A lot of it is cringey though .
July 03, 2013 04:42PM

nice, thanks so far! whether I'm going to share it or not depends very much on how satisfied I'll be with it. afterall, it's my very first paper in English Wink
yeah, I expected that I'd come across a lot of cringey "fuck the government" stuff, but I guess that's not something particularly Irish, is it? 90% of German/Austrian rappers can't come up with more than that..
July 03, 2013 06:42PM

Current mood:
July 03, 2013 10:51PM

Current mood:
I think Ten Victories is the best of the bunch myself.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
July 04, 2013 02:23PM

This is a lesser known treat from 1991, from Belfast and deals directly in parts with the troubles. It's recorded from a cassette so the audio quality may not be to everyone's taste but I love that shit.

A Hidden Era Made Clearer
July 04, 2013 03:22PM

thx for your input, guys, I really appreciate it! Jun Tzu's track is amazing, so is Ten Victories. any chance to get ahold of the lyrics for this one? can't find it online anywhere..
July 04, 2013 04:59PM

Current mood:
Exile Eye - Mary Reily

July 05, 2013 01:55PM

Current mood:
[rapgenius.com]

Boom. Only took me 10 minutes.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
July 05, 2013 04:16PM

"There's a ? cell with a screaming prisoner" - quiet I think, haven't heard it in a while though.
"I know what the struggles were" - worth

July 06, 2013 03:42AM

without screaming fuck the government, just listen to what the result of living with there choices have been like
August 04, 2013 03:22PM

How did the paper go?

"An aged man is but a paltry thing,
A tattered coat upon a stick, unless
Soul clap its hands and sing, and louder sing
For every tatter in its mortal dress"
August 05, 2013 01:17AM

Current mood:
Another bloke in his class chose the same topic unfortunately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigs are for cunts - true story.
August 05, 2013 01:22AM

Current mood:
shane do you still live in stepaside, when i was collecting dole the other day in the post office the guy ahead of me was called shane and looked like what id imagine u look like. i was gunna say dead at dfi but chose not to Sad

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]
August 05, 2013 04:43PM

Current mood:
I've never lived in Stepaside mate.

However, I do play golf up there two or three times a week - especailly in the summer - so in many ways it's like a home away from home for me, but no, I've never been a resident.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigs are for cunts - true story.
August 05, 2013 05:54PM

Current mood:
down past belarmine is it? could have sworn you had said you lived out here before. probably best i didn't say it so haha

[twitter.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[soundcloud.com]
August 14, 2013 08:27PM

look up bloody sunday restless ambitions on youtube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!