Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anything new coming out you're looking forward to?

Posted by Molloy 
Anything new coming out you're looking forward to?
September 07, 2014 03:57PM

Current mood:
Here's an idea a topic that's actually about Irish hip hop. I'm curious what's coming out in the next few months and what people are looking forward to.

There are lots of heads in Limerick working on stuff at the moment; Same D4ence, Dred, Bubba Jay, Hazey Haze and Chase Dominic. Haven't heard much from most of them bar shakey FB video freestyles but Deviant and mynameisJohn predict big tings.

Deviant is working on new stuff with Murli and Clerk 5.

Spekulativ Fiktion has one coming, also with Deviant?

The Assassin is tweeting he's in the studio every second day lately and announced a release date for his album.. I've forgotten when that was but I guess it'll be out soon.

Presume Workin Class Records have some new projects coming. I forget what but they've dropped hints.

1988 is out this month of course. Hoping a lot of people get to hear it because it's fucking classss.

Rob B and Rapthor seem to be putting gigantic amounts of work into their music. The Boss Level videos seem to have brought people together in a community way much like the Limerick people so I'm sure it'll pay off with some nice full lengths.

New Collie album out soon if I'm not mistaken?

Jun Tzu's album The Troubles is out in a week or so. Could go either way but I like his beat choices and his delivery is bananas.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2014 04:03PM by Shapey Fiend.
Re: Anything new coming out you're looking forward to?
September 07, 2014 11:35PM

yeah lookin forward to all them you said from limerick + another dude in the same music generation gang called Matty whos really sick and is working on stuff, few collabs between em happenin too.
Mook from the Sons has his EP comin soon enough i think, that should be incredible ,aswell as the new SP album, which is mentioned regularly on their FB... not even ready for that one tbh. I have high expections for it.
I really hope 1988 is good... Confused
anyway loads of young lads around the place doin bits and bobs, hare squead still need to find themselves but have great potential. apocalypse dudes from kerry have on point delivery and if they start makin their own beats or get a producer who can do that 808 washy sample style that they like they will be a force to be reckoned with.
Counter-question - Got anyone youd like to see make a comeback project? ignore practicalities...
September 08, 2014 07:25PM

Current mood:
Links to these people ye are talking about from Limerick and Kerry?

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
September 09, 2014 11:56AM

Current mood:
Most of the Music Generator lads don't have much up online yet. They're being encouraged to release stuff when it's done not whilly nilly I guess. I could go trawling person Facebook pages but meh. Maybe Mankyy has more links than me. I don't spend as much time looking for these things online anymore and It's particularly annoying doing it on FB.

Hadn't heard of Hare Squead before. Look like they've potential.

Oh yeah I forgot Captain Moonlight has a new project (don't call it a comeback he hates when you does that).
[www.facebook.com]

Dream comeback? Another Scary Eire album I suppose?

Interested in link to Kerry lads or anything from Limerick as well.

[studio.stupeflix.com]

September 09, 2014 10:16PM

ya D, most of the music gen guys from limerick are fairly young, and are a product of workshops run by deviant, mynameisjohn and god knows. none have released any properly recorded work yet, although all of them have gigged a few times at a small scale, and theyre very good. i know that Same D4ence aka Hazey and Size will have an EP released at some stage soon, same with matty i think, but right now theres no trace of em online, apart from some old freestyles and stuff. theres also a parallel scenario going on with garry and the music generation setup in cork, with an ep coming from Aaron and possibly more in the near future which i have high expectations of. the lads from kerry though: [www.reverbnation.com] . [www.facebook.com] again, young, but i think theres definite potential there, i like their delivery.

Also, GMC's alias Kalabanx just soundclouded a track with bony on it... hopefully we'll see more come out of that.

also, Does anyone have a workin link to the old sp album when they were still correkt mindz? would love to hear it cause from the few tracks that i could find it was daycent.
September 09, 2014 11:05PM

Current mood:
I'll up the Correkt Minds album here I'll upload it at some stage.. just living in the country and it'll take fucking ages. They released two mixtapes I don't have the very first one.

These Apocalypse lads are deadly. Nice beat choices, flows and delivery.

Speaking of potential I kind of like these young fellas from Newcastlewest. They only do street shit. All over the place but the whole dirty south/crunk kind of buzz is something I really want to like.
[theancientpirateandjacknife.bandcamp.com]

September 11, 2014 04:51PM

ah much appreciated man, cant wait to hear that thanks. those limerick lads ya linked do have a certain likeability bout em.
September 20, 2014 07:25PM

I can shed at least a little light...

Spekulativ Fiktion EP is mixed and currently being mastered.
Flying Buttresses EP is at mixing stage.
Clerk 5 has a few tunes down but we're well shy of an album yet, we'll be well into the new year before she's done I'd say.

The Music Gen Limerick posse is regrouping after the summer, recordings to follow in the coming months. That group of lads gets me seriously hyped, they smashed it up at the Picnic.

Music Gen Cork lads are ridiculous too, looking forward to hearing how they progress.

Heard about the Apocalypse dudes from John and God Knows, sounding good so far, big potential.

And never forget, Daithi Curtin is the future.....
September 23, 2014 02:28PM

Just bumping this so it stays on the front page. These spambots are mildly terrifying, can they read captchas or what's the craic?
September 23, 2014 04:47PM

Current mood:
Cheers for the details. I'm always curious whats coming up next without being "When's it out. Is it out next week. Week after that?" kind of thing.

The spam bots have indeed become sentient and generally a massive pain in the hole. I've gone in here deleted all the topics a fair few times now but they post 10 a day a lot of the time so it's a bit time consuming. Keyos tried to sort me out with ability to ban accounts but I don't think it works unless you're admin. Might make deviant a mod and he could delete topics if he's interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 04:59PM by Shapey Fiend.
September 24, 2014 01:37AM

cheers for the shout boss. also forgot trigger's Triggernometry, which I think will be decent. my dream comback would be bony, and i hope/think its gonna happen too... his delivery and tha aul cĂșpla subliminals in that bowski battle were slept on to fuck. either him or the old LD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 01:41AM by mankyyy.
September 24, 2014 12:04PM

Current mood:
Keyo sorted the bot problem. Manual account approvals.

September 27, 2014 09:37PM

I'm happy to join the mod illuminati. Holla.
September 27, 2014 10:38PM

Current mood:
You've to inject steds in your eyeballs and fight pigs/mail Keyo.

October 07, 2014 10:45PM

Current mood:
Shapey here breathing life into the dying lungs of irishhiphop.com
October 26, 2014 12:19PM

Fien from Apocalypse just dropped a mixtape.

Young Phantom - Lucid Dreams
November 14, 2015 02:55PM

Current mood:
Saw Same D4Ence in Cork last week... unreal!

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
January 02, 2016 01:19AM

Current mood:
Same D are phenomenally talented. Can cypher in double time over seemingly anything. Powerful stage presence as well. Up there with Rusangano Family the way they're headed.

RF family albums going to be *fire emoji* as well from what I'm hearing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!