Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lethal Dialect - 1988

Posted by Molloy 
Lethal Dialect - 1988
September 24, 2014 12:06PM

Current mood:
Out Friday at last. Looking forward to catching some live shows. Should go see Damien Dempsey when he plays down this end of the country I guess.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
Re: Lethal Dialect - 1988
September 25, 2014 05:57PM

I really hope its good, been a while since i heard the taster but i remember thinkin it sounded way too happy... on second listen it might sound different and im definitely biased by how much i love the LD50's, im sure i'll get into it, just might take a while to get used to LD with the new style.
September 26, 2014 02:47PM

Got the album off iTunes last night and given it a handful of spins today. Still not fully sure about it yet, the production and subject matter just seem a bit too similar throughout. I can remember the first time I heard LD502 I had it on repeat for a week solid, just not getting that same feeling from this. Could well be that it clicks with me after a another few listens though! Couple of great tracks on it still, the three that Jess Kav are on are the standouts so far.
September 26, 2014 11:23PM

Current mood:
I certainly enjoyed it. LD50 II was cool but very much working within an established template of what's already cool; crime and boom bap type stuff. This is a lot more personal and emotional. Think it's hard to write about this kind of thing without coming off sounding cheesy as fuck so the fact he managed to make it sound slick is doubly impressive. Only criticisms I have are the skits are too long and not wild about some of the female vocals although they're excellent by IHH standards.

October 07, 2014 10:44PM

Current mood:
The album as a whole is very good and I don't find myself skipping any songs despite the fact that I've heard it about ten times now. Beastmode is immense. If I had to pick a least favourite it would be School Dayz Are Over, but that might be because I had heard it so many times prior to the album release.

I think he tightened up his writing a lot, and the production is solid. Overall the album did feel a little short, though.
February 26, 2020 11:30AM

Current mood:
This album was very good and then he turned into a spoken word lesbian on the next album and ruined it all.

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

"Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers"
April 01, 2020 03:53PM

Current mood:
I think he didn't flow on these beats that brilliantly. He wrote the tracks to boom bap and then they sounded a bit stretched when Johnnyboy changed them around after.

May 03, 2020 12:23AM

Graham Dunne I finished off the LD50 series with a classic after that experimental album so get that into ye and give over gettin lippy ye gimp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 12:26AM by LD50.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 6 on September 17, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 252 on August 17, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!