Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Gwame & Terminal
August 16, 2018 11:53PM

Current mood:
I'd consider myself a big fan of battle rap in general. I sort of fell in love with it in and around the Don't Flop Ireland days and there's never really been a period since where I've been out of the loop.

It hasn't been until recently that I've explored Rap is Full. I'd known about it for a while but for one reason or the other I hadn't checked it out. I have now and what I'm about to say isn't that big of a statement by virtue of the fact that there's hardly been a lot of classics on these shores, but Gwame and Terminal could be the best Irish battle of all time nonetheless and I'm quite looking forward to it.

Gwame has progressed massively since battling Brosy and that back in the day. I remember he always had bars here and there, but every facet of him - bars, jokes, delivery and performance - has come on leaps and bounds since way back when.

He had a debatable with J-Short - a UK battler who I rate highly - and that's when I realised that the bloke had been putting in work down the years. You have to doff your cap.

And what can you say about Terminal? He's fire and someone who I'd say is probably the best in Ireland right now. I watched his performance against Sonny on a different channel recently and it's probably the best performance from an Irish battler I've seen. Bars for days.

In fact, you could put Gwame or Terminal against pretty much anyone from the DFI days and they'd bar the fuck out of them. I don't know if they'd win, because Jambo's aggression and his 'your ma's gee' jokes go a long way in an Irish crowd (not saying there's anything wrong with that at all) but it really wouldn't be a contest as far as bars go.

Shoutout to Nugget the O.G too. He's still doing his thing. Great performance last time around and I'm looking forward to the Row-B one. I remember Nugget being a lot more dimensional and having more strings to his bow than any other Irish battler back in the day, so it's nice seeing him again.

No cunt is going to see this until after the battle probably, which is grand, but I'll be back in Canada temporarily when it's on so won't be around, but I just wanted to show some love for the scene and the lads - including the owner/organiser(s) of Rap is Full - for bringing it to new heights.

This might be the first Irish classic but hopefully not the last. Well done boys.

(It's September 15 at the 51 Bar on Haddington Road)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigs are for cunts - true story.
Re: Gwame & Terminal
August 30, 2018 03:43PM

Current mood:
Rap is Full started a little slow the first few events but it's amazing to see what they've built even since February. Quality level of battlings higher than it's ever been, as are attendances, in sharp contrast to what's going on in most of the rest of the world.

---------------------------------

| Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
September 19, 2018 09:10PM

Current mood:
I thought you all finally got over this battle rap shite. Apparently not.

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

"Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers"
October 04, 2018 11:51PM

Current mood:
You tried to educate us bringing a copy of the Quaran to DFI2 but we're a regressive bunch.

October 05, 2018 08:41PM

Current mood:
I tried my best but you wouldn't embrace the light.

"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr"

October 28, 2018 12:47AM

Current mood:
Monkhouse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought you all finally got over this battle rap
> shite. Apparently not.

Shut up you midget.

I think Terminal probably won this. I think he had a few more memorable lines and was a bit more fluent than Gwame, although both lads stumbled a fair bit if I remember right. Best Irish battle ever? Nah I might’ve jumped the gun but I rated both highly before the battle. It had the potential to be a classic as far as the Irish scene goes. And it was, but not as good as I'd anticipated.

But sure listen, well done to Gwame all the same. You can’t begrudge him this. He battled in parks and low-profile events when the scene died down a bit. The scene seemed to fuck off for a while but he stuck around, honed his craft under the radar out of passion for the artform and the improvement is undeniable. Well done Gwame if you’re reading this. Well done Nugget as well. I stand by what I said about Terminal in terms of bars – I think he’s, you know, a bit above the rest as far as quotables go – but Nugget is class. I don’t wanna say he was ahead of his time back in the day as far as Irish battling goes, because thats a bit cliched, but he certainly had a better grasp of the whole battling thing since day one and that’s evident today. He just knows how to do it. I’d love to see him and Gwame. Would Gwame get the jokes? Well this is the question. Fuck me I have to wrap it up. Well done to the lads again, all three of them. As I said I have a huge fondness for this whole battling thing, so to see Irish lads who I rate highly is great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 08, 2018 05:24PM

Current mood:
DoubleBarrel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shut up you midget.

Whatever you say, fatboy.

Still living a 100 times better life than you and I am a midget. Great times. Lose some weight m8. You need it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 05:48PM by Monkhouse.
November 15, 2018 04:43PM

Current mood:
Graham, you could work for Nasa and pull €200k-a-year. You could get your little marble balls licked by Spin 103.8 girls every night. You could have a Nandos instead of a kitchen. But you would still walk around the place in size 6 Herman Munsters to honeydick the masses into thinking you were 5'7. You would still honeydick Mrs Monkhouse into thinking every event you's go to is a beach theme so that she wears flip-flops and doesn't emasculate you in front of everyone. You would still be the average height for a woman. And you would still be insecure about it, which you clearly are, but that's grand. I'm insecure about stuff too, but my weight isn't one of them.

That's because I'm not 21 stone anymore. I'm, like, 17 stone, which is still fat as fuck if I had your E.T legs, but thankfully I'm 6'4 and therefore fat insults are about as effective as your internet searches for sole implants. If we're honest, you'd rather my physical dimensions than yours. And that's okay to admit, because 90% of lads would prefer to be 6'4 and 17 stone if the alternative was being 5'5 and 10 stone. The other 10% is comprised of compulsive liars and pre-op transgenders who wants to look as petite and feminine as possible.

As for your life, I hope it's class. I sincerely do, but bragging about it online isn't a good look. It's a bit Tom O'Connor-ish, isn't it. Difference is, he was what, early 20s or something? You're in your 30s Graham, so I'd knock that 'my life is better than yours' shit on the head if I were you bud.

And I know, calling someone a midget online isn't a good look either, unless of course it was intended to be a light-hearted yet drunken attempt at banter. I apologise, but my main fault was assuming that you had matured into a person who could distinguish between banter and genuine acts of aggression, but you haven't as far as I can tell. Still a bit angry, still trying to 'ether' people who accidentally touch a nerve. Forget about a lack of physical growth for a moment, because it's a bit late in the day for that and isn't strictly your fault, but there's no excuse for not growing as a man in the past seven years Graham. Just because you haven't changed much or grown up since 2011, it doesn't mean the rest of us haven't mate.

December 21, 2018 07:38PM

Current mood:
Thanks for that full essay response!

17 stone is really bad. Hilarious that you're this mad and are this triggered by someone calling you a fat cunt (which you are). I hope you listen to me and lose this weight.

Hope you die of a heart-attack at 35!

Love,

Graham

February 03, 2019 05:25PM

Current mood:
You may enjoy this one Monkhouse.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2019 05:26PM by Molloy.
February 11, 2019 08:06PM

Current mood:
^^^How much did you pay them to do that?

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!