Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

question for beat makers

Posted by iamstop 
question for beat makers
November 01, 2008 08:07AM

Current mood:
How often do you listen to your own tunes?
Do you burn your mates copies?
What else do you do with them besides myspace, bebo, soundclick etc?

Re: question for beat makers
November 01, 2008 11:35AM

there all i listen too Cool
November 01, 2008 02:26PM

Current mood:
I listen to new beats quite a bit,then forget about them for about 6 months,i throw the odd cd out to mates or whatever if i think theyd be interested,but most of them are metal heads and dont consider hip hop music to be honest

November 01, 2008 06:11PM

Current mood:
my friends like mostly gee-tar musick too so i dont be giving them cds.

sometimes i listen to some of my beats but they're all on tape or on the actual machine. i think i have like 4 beats on my actual PC. i couldn't be bothered transferring the rest. so no i don't go around with my sexy iPhone blasting my own choons and head bopping like a mad hatter. but yeah i do listen to my own stuff a lot at weekends. sometimes i just make 20 mixes recorded on tape and just listen to all those when i come home from college.

fuck bringer tape players with you. i own a minidisk until it broked on me. technology is becoming wacker and wacker.

like seriously im not going to use a fucking walkman in college. whut tool does this when they have a perfectly good iPhone in their pocket?

November 26, 2008 03:12PM

Current mood:
I had my Beats on my iPod, but i rarely make instrumental tracks so they all sounded a bit empty and looping so i had to take them off.

November 27, 2008 10:44AM

Current mood:
all i listen to now is my own stuff.

i rock so much it's unnatural.

November 30, 2008 11:44PM

I listen to the beats i make way too much I made a beat last week and i must have listened to it well over 100 times now but its a good thing even tiny little changes can make it a great track instead of a good one.

I don't put my tracks on myspace. I have one but other than that whats the point? Unless its a finished article with an mc or singer making the track.

My main problem is finding mc's. I was going to do a remix album one or two came together well but doing allot of remixes its hard to retain quality.
November 30, 2008 11:46PM

G Swift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't put my tracks on myspace.

> My main problem is finding mc's

To a certain degree your answering your own question there. I see your point about not the finished article but if someone hears one of your beats on myspace or whatever they could just love it straight away and wanna jump on it.

December 01, 2008 01:37AM

True to a point but can't your ideas and beats just be stolen if put up on myspace? I'm gonna get a bit of an arsenal together and approach somemc's that i like
December 01, 2008 10:42AM

Current mood:
put your beats out,if it gets stolen fuck it

December 01, 2008 03:28PM

i know what u mean about building up an arsenal of beats, before i posted on here for the mc/beatmaker comp i had already made 100+ beats, meant that when i was working with rhymes vital he had loads to choose from, but if u dont promote your beats on places like myspace then people wont be willing to work with. if u dont want ur stuff stolen upload it at 128kbs so if so one does take it it wont be brill quality or do what i do and stick your name all over stuff so if so does use them then ur stilling promoting urself. plus ud be surpised people dont really steal many beats when u can get loads of famous instrumentals or shitty soundclick beats that people give away. respectable artists will pay for ur beats those that dont prob wont doin nething special so dont worry bout it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!