Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mpc 2500.. Having problems

Posted by G Swift 
Mpc 2500.. Having problems
November 26, 2008 01:30PM

Anyone on here use an MPC 2500? I'm after loseing a few beats now because they didn't save properly.

I use the jj os which i found way better than the akai os but lately thigs aren't saving right.

I can't create new folders..and when i save as a project some of the samples or all don't reload

I spent about 8 hours straight making a beat last night then saved it a few times along the way to make sure and when i reloaded it the samples were gone? What a fucking dose!

Anyone have similar problems? I'm backing up my hardrive at the moment because i might change the OS to sort the problem
Re: Mpc 2500.. Having problems
November 26, 2008 02:31PM

u sure your saving in the correct way? i know a few ppl who had this problem with the 2500 at the beginning, i know the 2kxl is different but u have to make sure u save:

- All Sequences & Songs
- All Programs & Sounds

or whatever the 2500 equivalent is.

try mpc-fourms.com if u need more help

November 26, 2008 10:40PM

Cheers for the reply. It used to work grand for me before...i do save it like that then entire memory but lately it wont save the samples because it says file already exists

I made the beat agin today..turned it off around 7 the samples are gona again...... making it again trying a different proceedure..we'll see
November 29, 2008 04:21PM

If it says file exists u need to change the name of the file.
U cant have two sequence 01's..Dont save all..save the programs and sequences individualy an when it says file already exists change the name
November 30, 2008 12:57AM

cheers for the reply Ed..I found out the problem. When i changed operating systems I needed to format the hard drive, I never did. I formated it yesterday finally abel to save my beats . In the last year i lost a fair few beats i couldn't figure it out..problem solved..back to the dopeness... now i just need rhymes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on February 28, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 103 on February 06, 2020
Donate towards my web hosting bill!