Donate towards my web hosting bill! Send Dogecoin to suppport the site! DG8TZYUYscYWw86pSULpbrw26f8THitLYQ
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Old Record Shops in Cork?

Posted by SammyDavis 
Old Record Shops in Cork?
April 03, 2010 06:02PM

well

does anyone know any good record shops in cork for diggin out old shit..

not hmv or nothin i mean like a charity shop type thing
Re: Old Record Shops in Cork?
April 03, 2010 06:44PM

Current mood:
i haven't looked but if i were to go looking i'd chance vibes and scribes, apparently they have some records [maps.google.com] there's a phone number and address on that. Just around the corner from that there is a secondhand store Cash Converters... might be worth a look in there. I saw some records in the window of a shop on Oliver Plunkett St. a few doors down from the Brog but didn't go in.

I have seen posters for a market thing that is on once or twice a year where people buy and sell old records... can't remember where it is on though.

[soundcloud.com] [www.soundcloud.com] [www.facebook.com]

Good Stuff EP

[goodvibesociety.bandcamp.com]
April 03, 2010 08:31PM

the one by the brog is ok, the records are all in good nick, the market that comes to the church is shit for prices

___________________________________________________________________________________________

April 04, 2010 07:33AM

Current mood:
i think i know of like 2 places in cork city that sell second hand records. but tbh i've always found that there isn't much to pick up. you have to remember that second hand shops stock product that was purchased by the general population. and ireland wasn't the richest country in the world when vinyl was the musical medium of choice. so it's usually a lot of rock records and some classical stuff (which can be nice for chopping short phrases from). i have gotten some nice BBC records and other television records though and i've also got some nice jazz records by digging in various places. i think i picked up some nice place in a store in kinsale. at least i think it's kinsale. there's even a store in macroom (macroom is small) that sells second hand records and i picked up some nice turkish records that had some cool sounds.

April 04, 2010 12:52PM

nice one lads..

ill take a gander
April 06, 2010 12:44AM

roots records in kinsale is closed down, its a head shop now i think

___________________________________________________________________________________________

April 14, 2010 12:44AM

The biggest selection would be in the place by the Brog alright,
You find some in second hand shops and charity shops though.

Irish Cancer Society, on the way to North Main St near the Coal Quay, has a few. Got a couple of 45's in there at the weekend. James Brown and the Byrds. 50 cent each Smile

Vibes and Scribes has about thirty left at most I reckon all together. They must have stopped buying them.

The second hand book shop on Paul St, sells mostly classical records should that be any good to you.

God I miss pluggd. Sad

[spekulativfiktion.bandcamp.com]

[www.facebook.com]

[soundcloud.com] craicmob@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 24 on September 22, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 111 on December 07, 2012
Donate towards my web hosting bill!