Donate towards my web hosting bill!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minister Mcdowell makes moves to stop graf!

Posted by doobious 
Minister Mcdowell makes moves to stop graf!
June 19, 2006 03:24PM

[www.indymedia.ie]

Mad interesting, check this out. Some nice Kerry pieces in there, even the famous Stevie Wonder one. Big up the King Dumb.
Re: Minister Mcdowell makes moves to stop graf!
June 19, 2006 03:38PM

Current mood:
hmm wheres that our lady one from?? never seen that around b4 its class
June 22, 2006 09:51AM

i think its not all that a bad idea to give graff licences to people who can then spray in places leagaly id would stop a load of scum from just wrecking the place. but everyone would still be sprayin on the open street because i know i would.

^^I is HipHop cause I talks like a gangztar.
June 22, 2006 05:27PM

Your never gonna stop graff, thats a matter of fact. Its been around since Ancient Rome and will still continue. Clamping down with fines and asbos only result in people doing it for the adrenlin rush wich means they have to be extremely fast leaving rushed akward looking pieces that look worse than fully developed graff. Legal areas aren't the answer either. Councils would be wiser to sit down and talk to local graffers, come to a compromise and form an agreement as to areas that can be sprayed such as all large walls in public areas and areas that can such as bus shelters and certain areas of private land. Trains etc would be a matter of debate due to their history within graff. Its not a perfect solution but its better than whats currently being done and it benifits both councils and graffers

June 24, 2006 08:20PM

mistajinx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Legal areas aren't the answer either.

> come to a compromise and form an agreement as to areas that
> can be sprayed such as all large walls in public
> areas and areas that can such as bus shelters and
> certain areas of private land.

hey genius askin for an area to spray would be just be the same as gettin a legal wall ..... nd as for sittin down tlkin to writers yeah like thats a good idea ..... if you wanna get locked up or fined .... nd as for trains irish rail are really gonna let us paint ther trains which they pay ALOT of money to keep free of graff ... seriously security is the main thing irish rails money goes into nd the main thing they do apart from dealing with fare evasion is deal with graffiti ..... like the police force and transport system are irelands best public services so i doubt theyd be lettin us go against both or either of them ......legal walls would be a good thing so i dont know what your on about them not bein a good thing anyways ................ peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2006 08:21PM by orinocho17.
June 24, 2006 09:51PM

orinocho17 Wrote:
hey genius askin for an area to spray would be
> just be the same as gettin a legal wall .....

Hey Dickhead, no it wouldn't, im reffering to large areas of the city where graff is tolerated, not the odd specific fucking wall

nd as for sittin down tlkin to writers yeah like
> thats a good idea ..... if you wanna get locked up
> or fined ....

Yep cuz talks have to be done in person, people can't cover their faces. Its not like once you get them in a room you can lock em up, have you any idea of the complexities of the legal system?

nd as for trains irish rail are
really gonna let us paint ther trains which they
pay ALOT of money to keep free of graff ...
seriously security is the main thing irish rails
money goes into nd the main thing they do apart
from dealing with fare evasion is deal with
graffiti ..... like the police force and transport
system are irelands best public services so i
doubt theyd be lettin us go against both or either
of them ......

Like i said cockbag it would be the matter of most discussion, its the thing the councils/govt hate most yet its intrinsic to graff history - its finding a compromise

legal walls would be a good thing so
> i dont know what your on about them not bein a
> good thing anyways ................ peace

It takes a certain element away from the very nature of graff. Legal walls are fine if you have mummy beside you and you have her holding your cans...but most the bigger boys wouldnt like that to be honest. Legal spots are okay for honing your skills, but it removes any sort of competetive and spontanious element out of graff.

June 25, 2006 03:54PM

im well tippin off all the writers i know for a reward haha

June 25, 2006 08:15PM

thers no discussion about it you may get a train or sumthing like drogheda but thats a rare thing nd as for legals takin d element outa things your not gona get a semi wildstyle or wildstyle around d city centre at nite or durin d day .... you need time to get that stuff done like im still toy as fuck but the standard of legal stuff is alot higher than illegal in most cases if your jsut one of them writers that likes '' taggin '' nd nottin else well u mite aswell stop .... like im not sayin not to tag but thats not ther is to do .... legals are sumthing u can get a nice peice on without ny hassle nd have a relaxed time ...............; nyways im not goin to argue cause i know im still toy but at least i have some sort of idea about graff
June 26, 2006 01:58PM

i agree with everything zou have said in that last post its exactlz how i i feel too.

^^I is HipHop cause I talks like a gangztar.
June 27, 2006 11:32PM

That was my point, you can get a nice piece done on a legal wall, but it sort of sucks the sponteniety out of graff, it has to be balanced with a relaxed additude to graff so that you can develop your work throughout the city without sucking the fun out of it by being designated areas to graff in. I completely agree about the standard on legal walls being far superior

June 27, 2006 11:32PM

Big d(A)ddy G Wrote:
> im well tippin off all the writers i know for a
> reward haha

i'm touting on you

July 02, 2006 09:24PM

ye gotta do all parts of graf, like legals bombin throws taggin,''or else you really could neva call yoself a king''
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 6 on December 24, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 270 on December 07, 2017
Donate towards my web hosting bill!